cluster replacement

italia19

Hello everyone 

Had an issue with my cluster on my 08 g so I had sent it out to a fairly well regarded electronics shop to have my cluster cloned onto a new (used) cluster. Long story short the shop decided to use usps and dropped my return package into some kind of self service kiosk and now tracking number hasn't moved from kiosk check-in in 4 days I am suspecting it is lost. Now I am looking into buying a brand new cluster from lambo but I am trying to understand if a brand new cluster needs to be coded to my car. From what I have been able to gather these are audi RB8 clusters and when they are factory new they are in virgin immo mode and upon first start up the cluster takes the immo code from the key trying to start it. Does anyone have actual experience dealing with this kind of situation can a brand new cluster work just plug and play or does it have to be coded at the dealer, if it does need to be coded can the dealer code the cluster on the bench  so that the car doesn't have to be towed to the dealer when you order it. 

thanks in advance for the help everyone!