Bad switch

Turbo50Mike

With some good weather here in the North East, I have been driving my car the past couple days.

Today I took it to my office, and on the way home, I hop in and try to put the window up.

No dice. Drivers window is stuck down...Luckily, Lamborghini Bergen County is literally 1 mile from my office, so I stop there on my way home.

They check it out, and say the switch panel is no good, all the other switches work, just not the drivers window switch. They order the part, but it will be about a week before I get it.

But now I can't put the window up, which is annoying. Not one to leave things alone, when I returned home, I remove the switch panel, and disassemble it to see if I can figure out a way to raise the window up.

You can see the panel is eaisly taken apart. The issue seems to be the black tabs in the switch; they are pretty flimsy, and if they snap off, it will no longer hit the switch on the PCB (see red circle).

Since mine was broken, I just plugged the PCB into the car, and hit the switches with my finger to raise the window back up. That should do the trick until I get the replacement part.

I am only writing this so that anyone else that has trouble with the switch knows at least they can do something about it until they get a replacement part.

Switch.jpg

Switch__1_.jpg

Switch__2_.jpg

Switch__3_.jpg

Switch__4_.jpg

Switch__5_.jpg

good to know mike! how hard was it to get the switch panel out?

With some good weather here in the North East, I have been driving my car the past couple days.

Today I took it to my office, and on the way home, I hop in and try to put the window up.

No dice. Drivers window is stuck down...Luckily, Lamborghini Bergen County is literally 1 mile from my office, so I stop there on my way home.

They check it out, and say the switch panel is no good, all the other switches work, just not the drivers window switch. They order the part, but it will be about a week before I get it.

But now I can't put the window up, which is annoying. Not one to leave things alone, when I returned home, I remove the switch panel, and disassemble it to see if I can figure out a way to raise the window up.

You can see the panel is eaisly taken apart. The issue seems to be the black tabs in the switch; they are pretty flimsy, and if they snap off, it will no longer hit the switch on the PCB (see red circle).

Since mine was broken, I just plugged the PCB into the car, and hit the switches with my finger to raise the window back up. That should do the trick until I get the replacement part.

I am only writing this so that anyone else that has trouble with the switch knows at least they can do something about it until they get a replacement part.

good to know mike! how hard was it to get the switch panel out?

Simple...Just pull it out towards you....No tools required!

That is the first I have heard of that particular issue on the G.

Nice fix - very crafty!

Lambo Bergen County says they've had a couple bad switches on 560s. I believe the 560 is different from the earlier cars, so it may be more of a 2009+ problem than 04-08.

Mike, I have a spare LP560 switch bank. I'm going to LBC first thing tomorrow, so I'll leave it with them for you to borrow until they get your replacement.

Are the visible parts of the switches made of metal, or just have a layer of chrome on them?

Are the visible parts of the switches made of metal, or just have a layer of chrome on them?

Chromed Plastic.

Interesting - I was at my dealer this afternoon and this came up. They told me that broken window switches are the most common problem on 560's. The good news is that they have seen very few other faults!

It's fcuking garbage...

Mike, I have a spare LP560 switch bank. I'm going to LBC first thing tomorrow, so I'll leave it with them for you to borrow until they get your replacement.

Cool. Thanks...Don't go out of your way...I already put the window up by manually hitting the buttons on the PCB, so I can drive around with the A/C on until it comes in.