Pics of New Black F430

LMT84

Here are some low res pics of my new F430 at the dealer . . . I will try to post more as soon as I figure out how to upload to the site in higher res.

I plan to have the car out at the track today for its first true test . . .

looking good....Isnt it a little early to go to the track if its just been delivered?

Great looking car!!! However I would put some "break in miles" on her before you flog her on the track.. (Ditto Murclovr's comments".

richard wallace is smart too;) seirously, not just the engine, but dont the brake pads need to settle in etc? just a thought, ur car :partyman:

I appreciate all the sage advice (re. break-in) but I have been able to log about 450 miles on the street so no worries re. the engine or brake pads.

I was not very aggressive at MSR Houston today but I can already see a marked improvement on turn-in/cornering versus my G. The F430 feels very light and the CC brakes are phenomenal. Another advantage of the CC brakes--absolutely zero dust on the wheels. I kept the 430 primarily in sport mode today and did not move the manettino to race or CST--I will save that for next time. The car was very well-mannered and at about 4000 rpm, all heads turn to listen.

I will keep the board posted as I gain a more track experience in the F430 and can share more insight of the F430 vs. the G under track conditions.

If you are in the Houston area (or Texas for that matter), you need to pay a visit to the MSR Houston track. Great facility . . .

If you are in the Houston area (or Texas for that matter), you need to pay a visit to the MSR Houston track.  Great facility . . .

It's good to see another Houstonian! I'll be making my first trip out to MSRH Jan 21/22 for the Driver's Edge event. I'll be in a ZCP M3 tearin it up, hopefully. :lol:

Come out to that event and give me a goal!

Drew

Drew,

I hope to see you out there . . . I am member at MSR Houston so I doubt that I will participate directly in the DE event (although DE does a great job).

Several M3's have done many laps at MSR Houston already . . . in fact, the MSR Houston resident "pro" drives an M3. For reference, course times seem to be ranging from the low 1:40's to the mid 1:50's . . . the quicker times are highly dependent upon suspension setup, tires (DOT slicks versus street tires) and of course, driver experience. Comparing to MSR Cresson (in Fort Worth), times were typically in the 1:20's (1.7 mile versus the 2.4 mile course in Houston).

murclovr,

Too early to tell how my lap times will compare to the G . . . what I can tell you is that the e-diff does appear to offset some of the advantage of AWD. Given that I wasn't pushing the F430, it is hard to gauge; however, I was generating pretty quick lap times with very little effort in F430. I will also point out that although the G's brakes are top notch, they did tend to lose some of their feel and bite toward the end of a hard driving session . . . the F430 CC brakes have a significant advantage in a track setting.

Stay tuned . . .

Drew,

I hope to see you out there . . . I am member at MSR Houston so I doubt that I will participate directly in the DE event (although DE does a great job).  

Several M3's have done many laps at MSR Houston already . . . in fact, the MSR Houston resident "pro" drives an M3.  For reference, course times seem to be ranging from the low 1:40's to the mid 1:50's . . . the quicker times are highly dependent upon suspension setup, tires (DOT slicks versus street tires) and of course, driver experience.  Comparing to MSR Cresson (in Fort Worth), times were typically in the 1:20's (1.7 mile versus the 2.4 mile course in Houston).

Cool, good to know! My dad is friends/does business with Dr. Calvio. (sp?) We just got a set of wheels this week, and hopefully by then will have some Toyo R comps mounted up, as well as some heavy duty brake pads.

It'll be my first event, but I raced shifter karts for 5 years so I think I should get comfortable pretty quick. If we do have the tires by then, I think I won't use them Saturday, then depending on how I feel, slap 'em on for Sunday and see what I can do! :mrgreen:

Bring both cars out and we can get an on track battle going on for the 430 vs. G. :lol: