shoot me I want a porker

lucky30sedriver

Hey guys ,just considering adding a ruf 993 btr2 to the garage.

Does anyone here have first hand experiences of these vehicles,ownership,driving etc compared to other porsches.Have owned 928s 993tt 996s in the past.

Have to travel a ways to test drive so just wanna get somefeed back before I possibly head off .

Hey guys ,just considering adding a ruf 993 btr2 to the garage.

Does anyone here have first hand experiences of these vehicles,ownership,driving etc compared to other porsches.Have owned 928s 993tt 996s in the past.

Have to travel a ways to test drive so just wanna get somefeed back before I possibly head off .

is it the ruf 993 ctr2? if so, that's one hell of a car to have. go for it!!!

is it the ruf 993 ctr2? if so, that's one hell of a car to have. go for it!!!

No its a btr2 in dark blue.chassis up rebuild will all the details as soon as I get them.

Still sound like an interesting deal and rufs have gotta be rather exclusiveand fun im guessing :monkeyleft:

never been able to see a RUF, dont know the expenses, but the engineering is indisputably top notch!

If you're a reader of NZ Classic Car mag, or know someone who is, I'm pretty sure their February '04 issue had an RUF BTR2 v 996 Carrera comparions, if that's of any use. Otherwise, though, I've only heard good things :) But no first hand experience sorry.

Looks gorgeous, and I'd imagine it's close enough to that RSR you'd mentioned? ;)

If memory serves, that's the same car, RUF Off, as Classic Car tested two years ago. If not, it's damn close. They had a BTR2 in blue with the softtop... here's some video (quicktime format) if you haven't seen them.

RUF 80 - 200 kmh

RUF v 996 C2

cool thanks heaps,looks like the same car to me,my goodness it sounds great and looks great too. :monkeyleft:

good driving on the wet,aquaplanning weather by the looks to me. :eusa_think:

thanks again

do you happen to have the article from the mag

• 3 weeks later...

No worries - did you click these thumbnails for full size, should be easier to see? Anyway, let me know when you're back if you want to borrow the mag or anything. The gist of the article is it's one of only 4 cabriolet BTR2's that RUF made, with 25 in total including the coupes and cabrios. Apparently rated at 619hp(456kw)/790Nm. They've got 0-100k in 3.7s and 0-200k in 10.9 though say it's claimed at 3.3 for the 0-100.

Large turbo kicks in abruptly, which can be tricky to handle in less than ideal conditions. Apparently has a touch sensitive gear lever for clutch work, whatever that means, and suggest you don't rest your hand on the gearstick while driving - I guess it engages the clutch when you grip the stick??

They say it's really stable and solid when driving it gently (as in, normal use) but can be a handful if you really push it. They describe it as "Awesome" and "In yer face", but not "sensible". Who cares though, hah!

The close to the article is that the author would choose the 996 C2 they tested against, saying "the silver smoothie [C2] would be more than adequate for my purposes, and keep me closer to the straight and narrow".

Overall, to me sounds like one hell of a fun car haha, but not so suited as a daily driver which you may have guessed :)