Project Exige FF275

markr

I will probably be sleeping on the couch the next couple of nights but it just maybe worth it as I just purchased the following for the Exige.

http://www.forcedfed.com/elise/turbokits/f...d275stage3.html

f2elise275s.jpg

We are also doing an upgraded clutch, Accusump, and a couple of other little things. Should have it completed by the 3rd/4th week of April.

I will probably be sleeping on the couch the next couple of nights but it just maybe worth it as I just purchased the following for the Exige.

http://www.forcedfed.com/elise/turbokits/f...d275stage3.html

f2elise275s.jpg

We are also doing an upgraded clutch, Accusump, and a couple of other little things. Should have it completed by the 3rd/4th week of April.

:icon_super: Looks sick. How much power do you expect it to make (rwhp)? Those acceleration numbers look a bit conservative too.

:icon_super: Looks sick. How much power do you expect it to make (rwhp)? Those acceleration numbers look a bit conservative too.

Honestly, it is hard to tell. I have spoken to and have a dyno from an Elise with the same package that put down 236rwhp. Now the difference is he is using a piggy back ECU which is the stage FF275. I went with the stage 3 which uses a stand alone ECU. According to FF who I spoke directly the stand alone is making much closer to 300bhp at the crank. No dyno's yet of the 275 with stand alone yet but we are estimating 250rwhp. Not bad for a car that weights 2012 lbs with a half tank of gas.

Honestly, it is hard to tell. I have spoken to and have a dyno from an Elise with the same package that put down 236rwhp. Now the difference is he is using a piggy back ECU which is the stage FF275. I went with the stage 3 which uses a stand alone ECU. According to FF who I spoke directly the stand alone is making much closer to 300bhp at the crank. No dyno's yet of the 275 with stand alone yet but we are estimating 250rwhp. Not bad for a car that weights 2012 lbs with a half tank of gas.

Yea that is some pretty ridiculous power/weight ratio. Do you think the balance or handling of the car will be compromised (can you overpower the chassis)?

Yea that is some pretty ridiculous power/weight ratio. Do you think the balance or handling of the car will be compromised (can you overpower the chassis)?

Not with this motor in its current configuration. There are a couple of guys that are running FF340R's with no issues at all. Also the Cadena Racing team that won the British GT3 championship this past year has been running the Cup car with 285bhp. They announced today that they will be boosting its output to 350bhp in the MY07 car. The chasis can definitely handle more power.

Keep us posted... I'd definitely like to see the final feel and specs on your Exige. BTW, is looks ultimately BAD ASS! I've test driven the Exige S, and found it INCREDIBLE, but quite LOUD. The FF application is much quieter, and the turbo spooling sound is Uniqe!

Good luck and hurry up :icon_super: :icon_super:

BTW, can you post a few more pix??

Keep us posted... I'd definitely like to see the final feel and specs on your Exige. BTW, is looks ultimately BAD ASS! I've test driven the Exige S, and found it INCREDIBLE, but quite LOUD. The FF application is much quieter, and the turbo spooling sound is Uniqe!

Good luck and hurry up :icon_super: :icon_super:

BTW, can you post a few more pix??

Actually, I just got it back. I had a stripe done as well. I talked to FF yesterday and their fabricator is still building the manifold so I am still a couple of weeks out. I will definitely keep you updated.

DSC02267.JPG

DSC02269%20(2).JPG

DSC02272%20(2).JPG

DSC02275%20(2).JPG

DSC02276%20(2).JPG

DSC02277%20(2).JPG

awesome car, awesome project, i just worry that the little 'yota motor may not be suited to FI? is the CR dropped?

Mark your car looks incredible!!! That turbo kit will surely do wonders, would love to see that Lotus ripping around NoVA somtime.

I am in love with the Exige. Really considering getting one. Would you tell me your honest impression of the car. My daily driver is a Celica GTS and its a ball. I have to imagine the Lotus with th same engine is a blast.

awesome car, awesome project, i just worry that the little 'yota motor may not be suited to FI? is the CR dropped?

The CR does not change for the FF275, only for the FF340 and FF380 which are full built motors. There are multiple FF275 kits running around the country both on the track and on street duty and there have been not isssues to date. I know of a couple that are driven daily with 15k+ miles on them with no issues. As long as the PSI is keep down there should not be any issues.

Car looks amazing man, and it's def going to be a beast when you get it back. If you have any updates please :icon_mrgreen: feel free to post them up.

Car looks amazing man, and it's def going to be a beast when you get it back. If you have any updates please :icon_mrgreen: feel free to post them up.

I am looking forward to it. The poor car took a beating this weekend. Friday I spent the day at the track which included two sessions run in the rain (and yes I spun once :eusa_wall: ). Yesterday, it was a sin not get out with the weather being nice so I was on it fairly hard try to stay with the Murci. Updates to come . . .

DSC02285%20(2).JPG

DSC02288%20(2).JPG

Is that Mikes murci? Looks good the both of them! Hoep to meet you guys soon!

Check your PM.