Whats the top 'Cute-Ute'

DRS

With the recent addition of the RDX, and LR2, this segment is getting pretty heated.....what do you guys thing is the weapon of choice fo this segment?

sorry "mini SUV's"....I was reading some articles onsome of the small sport utes...and that was the terms used to differentiate themselves from as they put it 'brute ute'..

regardless...in this mad push for more refined smaller suv's I'm wondering what people think.....of the RDX and The LR2...

they seem fairly legitimate.

kind of the like the trickle down effect of lets say....a Porsche Boxter.

I like the RDX, but I haven't spent much time researching either

If you're doing mostly road use, I would get the RDX. Plenty of offroad/snow/etc I would get the LR2. Assuming they have the same options and such available.

Personally if I was in the "small suv" market I would pick up an Audi Allroad

allroad.jpg

Its got a nice adjustable suspension. Road use lowers down to a normal A6, or can be raised quite a bit. Not sure if it has any reliability problems though.

Allroad's cancelled though. I had a go in the RDX and loved it, although if you consider the Infiniti FX45 in the same segment (it's a bit bigger but the intent is similar) then that's the one to go with:

03.infiniti.fx45.f34.500.jpg

Beautiful, and a 315hp 4.5-liter DOHC V-8. It runs 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. Can't beat that with a stick.

I not sure if it qaulifies for this segment, it is about the size of an LR2 or RDX, but the Audi Q7 is an extremely well designed "mini" suv.

sorry "mini SUV's"....I was reading some articles onsome of the small sport utes...and that was the terms used to differentiate themselves from as they put it 'brute ute'..

regardless...in this mad push for more refined smaller suv's I'm wondering what people think.....of the RDX and The LR2...

they seem fairly legitimate.

kind of the like the trickle down effect of lets say....a Porsche Boxter.

Low blow :icon_mrgreen: ....hey its ok I had my 911 when I was only 17. :icon_mrgreen:

But to answer your question, imo an LR2 is a nice ford escape. The RDX is much higher quality car although a bit pricey for its segment.

not an intended low blow....

just merely pointing out the trickle down halo effect of technology turning out some impressive smaller pkg's.

an f430, gallardo, boxter, LR2, M3, wrangler....you name it right? none of these are the top models in their brand but all are impressive pkg's in their given category.

I think up until recently the small SUV's were all shit....but with the addition of the RDX and LR2 it has really heated up this (relatively new segment (which I think the x3 really started to define).

I had read that TOP GEAR gave the LR2 it's Suv of the year last year (It was released as the new freelander there last year),. I thought it was pretty interesting...that's all.

I like the RDX, but I haven't spent much time researching either

If you're doing mostly road use, I would get the RDX. Plenty of offroad/snow/etc I would get the LR2. Assuming they have the same options and such available.

Personally if I was in the "small suv" market I would pick up an Audi Allroad

allroad.jpg

Its got a nice adjustable suspension. Road use lowers down to a normal A6, or can be raised quite a bit. Not sure if it has any reliability problems though.

This Audi is kickass! Aunt owns one, and was a blast this Winter. I'm truely confident of this vehicle's engineering and technology. Drive it in tough conditions and u'll understand. And, in Chicago's expressway, I love it. The LR2, I never cared for.