Any Track these cars?

trompazo

I have an 04 G and was thinking of doing the Heffner kit next spring.

I heavily track my car and even compete in Time Attacks with it. I've never had any issues with oil/coolant temps in stock form, but I am concerned about it with this mod. Typically forced induction is much harder on a car for sustained track use and I am not aware of any upgraded oil cooler available.

Has anyone used a TT on a roadcourse and had any issues with temps after a 20 minute session?

Obviously I would be using it at lower boost on the track and with race gas for safety.

Also, I have searched but havn't seen exactly how much weight the kit adds to a stock car. Obviously the exhaust is lighter, but turbos and intercooler probably aren't that light.

Edited by trompazo

Several owners have tracked their TTGs. I recently spent a day at Sebring with no overheating issues.... outside temp was 95 and very humid. I did 5 sessions. The TTG upgrade doesn't add much weight if any, due to removing the stock exhaust and cats.

Several owners have tracked their TTGs. I recently spent a day at Sebring with no overheating issues.... outside temp was 95 and very humid. I did 5 sessions. The TTG upgrade doesn't add much weight if any, due to removing the stock exhaust and cats.

Thanks. Another concern would be how the driveline holds up to this amount of power under sustained power. Has there been any know trannsmision/diff/axle failures?

Are most of these cars on the stock clutch? I read along time ago that there was some Tilton upgrade from Heffner available.

The factory driveline and clutch are very robust on a Gallardo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L69iUrCtI7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nc0Cp6MUDY&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEg9YaAULyM

As you can see, I have launched my TTG HARD numerous times. The only part to fail has been a factory halfshaft, which has since been upgraded with a stronger unit. I have 11k miles on the factory clutch and it still feels good.

edit, I should note that all of my testing has been done at around 750rwhp, which imo is the best/max power level for launching from a dig.

I have tracked my car with Great results. After you do a bunch of hot laps just make sure to pop your rear bonnet so the heat can disapate quicker. I did find that you have to be a bit more careful with the throttle when exiting corners! This can make you look like a hero or a zero!!!