Illinois emission check (OBDII) failure

chuckroberts

My '04 E-gear failed Illinois emissions test today. This is OBDII only. 1300 miles, no cel and no dtc. The car is running great. Test report says evap control system, heated O2 sensor, secondary air system and O2 sensor all report "NOT READY". Other systems report "READY". The car had been driven 10 miles before test, was completely warmed up, had idled in line waiting for test about 15 minutes. Any ideas?

All 2004's had a glitch in the emissions ECU. Every time the key is turned off, it clears some of the readiness monitors. In other words, you can never pass the test until the computer is re-flashed at your Lamborghini dealer, because the readiness monitors will always be in the "not ready state". It is a 10 minute procedure, and is done at no charge. I had the same problem 3 years ago.

All 2004's had a glitch in the emissions ECU. Every time the key is turned off, it clears some of the readiness monitors. In other words, you can never pass the test until the computer is re-flashed at your Lamborghini dealer, because the readiness monitors will always be in the "not ready state". It is a 10 minute procedure, and is done at no charge. I had the same problem 3 years ago.

Gotta love Lambo Power!!

haha, I just was going to post the same question. I failed the test in Elk Grove, IL just a couple days ago for the same reason. Small world.

• 2 years later...

Are you guys referring to the check engine 1-5 light that comes on? If so mine came on last week. I let it sit over night it went off . Put some good gas in and it's fine. My buddy says it's usually the fuel.

Hi Chuck, I have just been through the same thing exactly... I am afraid the ECU needs re-flashed by a Lambo dealer.

There was a Campaign issued some time ago and this causes the O2 and Evap sensors not to come up properly as every time you switch the key off, the data is lost.

So get to a Lambo dealer and they do it for free, or do what I did... run the car for 50 miles or so, then go directly to the re-test station "without ever switching the car off " and have them test with the car running all through the test ( OBDII does need the engine off to generate data ) and the car will pass.

Then go to the dealer when you get time and get the re-flash on the ECU.

"There's your problem" : )

kindest regards

Jim G

NY

My '04 E-gear failed Illinois emissions test today. This is OBDII only. 1300 miles, no cel and no dtc. The car is running great. Test report says evap control system, heated O2 sensor, secondary air system and O2 sensor all report "NOT READY". Other systems report "READY". The car had been driven 10 miles before test, was completely warmed up, had idled in line waiting for test about 15 minutes. Any ideas?

Duh !!!! Looked at the original date of posting.

caaack !

Jim G

Duh !!!! Looked at the original date of posting.

caaack !

Jim G

It's alright...We know you're from Scotland.

:icon_mrgreen: