FOR SALE

fastclz

FYI,

I just listed my seats and steering wheel on ebay. I am replacing them both so these must go. Here are the links.

Seats

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...E:IT&ih=010

Steering Wheel

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...E:IT&ih=010

I am going to get more pics posted asap as well.

Thanks!

I'm curious,

Why do people start bidding at 0 and place a reserve rather than just starting the bidding at the 'reserve' price?

Thats a great question. I do it so it keeps the listing fee lower..

Take care

I'm curious,

Why do people start bidding at 0 and place a reserve rather than just starting the bidding at the 'reserve' price?

I'm curious,

If people started the bidding at the reserve price there would be no bidding..The ebay seller wants to intrigue the potential buyer and hopefully take the deal offline for closure.

If people started the bidding at the reserve price there would be no bidding..The ebay seller wants to intrigue the potential buyer and hopefully take the deal offline for closure.

Being an Ebay seller myself, I would disagree. Starting the bidding at reserve just means you start it at the lowest price you'd take, while still giving people the opportunity to bid higher. You must mean "Buy It Now" price would have no bidding?

BTW fstclz, having a reserve prevents a lot of people from bidding because they're not sure what you'd take and don't want to waste their time bidding if your price is too high for them. I know what you mean about lower fees... I get around it by starting at zero, having a reserve price, but then listing what that reserve is in the body of the auction.

Being an Ebay seller myself, I would disagree. Starting the bidding at reserve just means you start it at the lowest price you'd take, while still giving people the opportunity to bid higher. You must mean "Buy It Now" price would have no bidding?

BTW fstclz, having a reserve prevents a lot of people from bidding because they're not sure what you'd take and don't want to waste their time bidding if your price is too high for them. I know what you mean about lower fees... I get around it by starting at zero, having a reserve price, but then listing what that reserve is in the body of the auction.

I like that approach. I rarely bid on items with a reserve for the reason you mention. I do like at least the reserve price in the body of the auction. I do see Jeff's point too about makeing an off EBAY deal. I'm not talking about just Ebay auctions. There was elsewhere where I was in an auction that had starting bids much higher than 0 but less than the reserve. That didn't make sence to me. In that case there was no availability to make a side deal either, so the starting price was 12000, and the reserve was 16000. That didnt' make sence to me.

Hey there,

I am hoping the steering wheel goes for 150.00 or better and the seats at 1300.00 or better...

What are the prices you're looking to get for each auction?

I normally do not do reserve prices on my Ebay auctions but after my Lambo Cats went for like 50.00 I do them on the Lambo stuff... I would rather hang on to them if they do not hit my price. I like your ideas though, thanks for that. I am not an Ebay expert but do own a shop that people bring their items in and we sell it for them on Ebay... so a little experience.

• 4 weeks later...

That's the approach I generally use, and it seems to work for me. Several times I've sold items for much more than I ever expected, and probably more than if I had had a reserve. When there is no reserve, I think it creates a psychological advantage because people know it's going to sell (assuming the start price is reasonable) and the seller is not just testing the market value of his item.

Thanks for letting us know almost a month after this thread was stale and on page 96. :)