BMW 335i / 335ci

GBGallardo

What is the difference between the two?

If you have any experience with either please share.

Looking to pick one up this week for somebody...

Thanks in advance

What is the difference between the two?

If you have any experience with either please share.

Looking to pick one up this week for somebody...

Thanks in advance

335ci is not the official name, but one is a coupe, the other is a hardtop convertible. Reliable cars with decent power and even more once u get into tuning

335ci is not the official name, but one is a coupe, the other is a hardtop convertible. Reliable cars with decent power and even more once u get into tuning

So I've been told. Thanks for the info...on the dealer pre sales lists there is a couple listed as 335ci and that didn't make sense to me either as the 335i is a coupe as well, etc.

Are you familiar with the automatic (paddle shifts)? It's not like the SMG like a "true manual" where it will rock on hills and so forth??

So I've been told. Thanks for the info...on the dealer pre sales lists there is a couple listed as 335ci and that didn't make sense to me either as the 335i is a coupe as well, etc.

Are you familiar with the automatic (paddle shifts)? It's not like the SMG like a "true manual" where it will rock on hills and so forth??

Don't know too much about it, but its just an automatic with tiptronic. Also be sure to pick out a later date model, the early versions had oil cooling issues or something

My daily driver is a 2007 335i coupe with the paddles. I love the car. The power is fantastic, and the transmission in semi-manual mode works great. The computer will not override you on upshifts, but will change down to second on it's own if you do not handle your own business when coming to a stop. In semi-manual mode you can either shift with the paddles or use the stick. The shifts are quick and crisp, and the car feels faster when shifting yourself, but it will use a lot more gas. There is zero turbo lag...just lots of power all the time. The brakes are very good and the handling is outstanding. I drive a lot and this car never tires me out as the seats are infinitely adjustable and supportive. The leg room for my 6' 3" frame is more than adequate. For the money and practicality you can't go wrong.

335i is a 4 door sedan. 335 ci is the coupe designation. 335 cic is the hardtop cab. "i" is for injected, c is for coupe, additional "c" is for convertible. All three have the same engine and transmission. The number designation usually stands for the "3" series of the car and "3" displacement of the engine. The added the 5 when they introduced the turbos. The named the lesser car the 328 designation but it still has the 3.0L engine from the older 330 but now with direct injection I believe.