factory car alarm 98 Diablo SV inop.

lucaslaw

Replaced the batteries in fob (thanks lamboweb), pressed button, nothing happens. Alarm brain behind stereo is still hooked up, but seems to be disabled. Am I lucky and should just put a new alarm in it, or is there a way to un-disable the factory (MED?) system without opening Pandora's box? Anyone hooked up a new alarm to the fuel rail valves? I guess if I knew the polarity (always on, always off) of them I could adapt a starter kill circuit to them.

LL

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Being your Diablo is a 98, you have the series II MED system....that includes a horn ( yes really ) and fuel shut offs. The earlier system....97.5 and below, had more of a passive system whereby the hazards would flash about every 25 seconds and.....nope, that's it....yes, passive.

Your system has the fuel shut off which has become a real problem due to age. If you disconnect the system, the fuel solenoids remain closed. You have to trick the computer to tell it that's it's on.

Since your car works, I assume you have a problem in the fob. Did you disconnect the plug from the alarm box under the ashtray?

When you push the fob button, do the doors lock and then unlock or do nothing.

If it's the fob, it uses some rolling code thing and you can't buy or match a fob to the system in the car. If you still have the original MED system card with the alarm number on it, it may be able to buy the matching fob....I doubt it. Lamborghini did not keep records of the alarm system numbers in relation to the VIN. If you don't have the MED card....ya outta luck.

I believe you have to buy a new alarm box with matching fobs if you want to use the system. I myself find the fobs so bulky, I leave them home and don't use the alarm ( passive system on mine anyways.) " Hey officer....stop that thief....he stole my Lamborghini....just look, the hazards are flashing as he's driving away....see....the alarm is working ! "

BTW, I don't think you want to use an aftermarket alarm....Italian electronics and all. :D

Shamile

Fob works (took it to Autozone, they actually have a fob tester) or at least it transmits, but pressing it has no effect on anything. With central locking it shouldnt be that hard to install aftermarket alarm with a siren, pager and ign kill. Car starts and runs without fob anywhere near it.

LL