Diablo 6.0 - steering column adjustment issue

Craig

Hi

I have a problem that has just arisen whereby the alloy lever that locks the steering column in place no longer stays in the locked position. i.e. I move the steering to the relevant position I want, push the lever forward to lock it but it just springs back.

Has anyone come across this before?

I assume I need to remove the steering column shroud but not sure how easy this is. It seems to be in a lower and upper section that is split down the middle but I don't want to risk breaking it.

It's annoying as I've just collected it from service and its a 1.5hour drive

any advice appreciated

thanks

Craig

Since I cant see hard to say whats wrong. But on the other end of the adj. lever there is a 19mm nut that adjs. how tight the lever is.

Easy to remove the housing but you will need a long #1 philups screew driver. There are four #1 screews on the outer edges of housing, they hold the top down once they are removed the top lifts off. Then 4 #2 screews in center hold the bottom to the colum you get to all 8 screews from the bottom. Then you can see it all, might just need to tightn the 19mm nut but if to tight wont be able to adj. the lever there is a large sring as part of the leaver have had one or two of thes snap. Hopefully you wont have to make the drive back. If it is the spring you might be able to tightn the nut with the colum were you want it that way it dose not move aroung while you drive.