Engine lid locked

masar

My engine lid stayed locked and i can not open it. I pull opening lever on driver`s door side but lid does not open. I can hear clicking like its opening so the hood cable is ok but it just stay locked. Any advice what to do and how to get inside? Its 2003 Murcie with standard engine hood (not glass).

this happened to my Diablo.

If its like the Diablo, there is a release located in the wheel well that will manually release the latch.

If this does not work, the above recomendation should work.

I had the release mechanism a little out of adjustment, and would not release the latch smoothly. Its easy to adjust, a little difficult to get it right.

There is an emergency release under the left rear wheel well.

It's just atop the left rear tire, reach in approximately 5 - 6" and you'll feel the plastic cord. The cord is not "just hanging" it's actually mounted horizontally so keep looking.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Thanks guys, found the emergency lever, tried but did not work. We tried to lift the lid, did not work. So i put light into engine area and watching thru rear window i found out that the plate which holds both cables is off the lock, propably cracked or released somehow. So no way to open and looks like i am in trouble. Will try to contact some locksmith who open locked cars, hopefully he can help me otherwise i have no idea what to do unless to brake the lid.

Brake the lid!!?

Ouch.

You can try to remove the attachments at the rear of the muffler deck lid so you can lift it high enough to get your arm in there.

The deck lid usually unbolts from inside the engine compartment, but if you remove the vent that has the license plate lights in it (5 or 6 phillips head screws), you should be able to unbolt the deck lid guide pins. Then it may be possible to lift the rear of it up just enough to reach over the muffler shield, up to the lock. What you do when you reach it, I don't know.

Don't try to lift it too high. It is still bolted on the front side, but the brackets may flex or pivot enough.

Be careful not to clash the deck into the quarter panels or the engine bonnet when you are jerking it around. maybe some painters tape or towels in the seams will help.

Get a hanger and one other person with a flash light. Have one looking in the rear window directing the person with the hanger to pull the latch open. Other then looking at the problem from the rear window and both people understanding what is need there is not much more to explain.

I have this problem at the dealership and had another tech help me this way and it took about 15 min. A little tuff to do but we did it. Take your time and be easy and careful.

Sorry that I cant give better direction, but it is one of thosethings that you have to just play with.