What year Gallardo starts using SD cards?

mwct

Just wondering. Bought an 06 Gallardo and awaiting delivery in a week. Some of the specs are unclear, including the music (how often do you find a car salesperson that actually has a clue what the stereo system in the car is capable of?)...

It does have the 6CD changer, and according to the sticker it has the Navigation option too (we didn't test the sound or nav at all on the test drive). The system looks exactly like the one in the Audi R8.

So I'd just like to know if it will have the ability to read SD cards for this option package and model year, if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks.

I'm supposing that since it has the Audi MMI, you press a button and the screen will roll outwards, when you will see a DVD-reader and two SD card slots. My guess is SD cards & multimedia interface come with MY06 and later.

I'm supposing that since it has the Audi MMI, you press a button and the screen will roll outwards, when you will see a DVD-reader and two SD card slots. My guess is SD cards & multimedia interface come with MY06 and later.

Ah thats cool, so it reads DVDs as well? I had no idea the window sticker merely mentioned 6CD changer (in the front trunk) and Nav. Well I can't wait for it to arrive, although if it does use an SD card I'd probably stick with that (since its easier to read/write to one).

Ah thats cool, so it reads DVDs as well? I had no idea the window sticker merely mentioned 6CD changer (in the front trunk) and Nav. Well I can't wait for it to arrive, although if it does use an SD card I'd probably stick with that (since its easier to read/write to one).

I did forget to say this, but firstly congrats on the car, and I hope you make the most out of every moment with it.

Yes, the 6CD Changer is located in the trunk, but the DVD insert behind the Audi MMI is used for the Navigation/Maps DVD.

I did forget to say this, but firstly congrats on the car, and I hope you make the most out of every moment with it.

Yes, the 6CD Changer is located in the trunk, but the DVD insert behind the Audi MMI is used for the Navigation/Maps DVD.

Yes, congrats on the car. Its a very nice day/moment when it arrives. I got an 07, and it has 2 SD cards. It stores music and is a lot easier than dealing w the CDs. However, I have not been able to make it play movies. Maybe the Nav/DVD slot, but I have not tried that. The driving experience really doesn't ask for watching DVDs lol... I recommend new exhaust (prinini). Sound is great, and it gets a bit more breathing room in low RPMs. Have fun!

Yes, congrats on the car. Its a very nice day/moment when it arrives. I got an 07, and it has 2 SD cards. It stores music and is a lot easier than dealing w the CDs. However, I have not been able to make it play movies. Maybe the Nav/DVD slot, but I have not tried that. The driving experience really doesn't ask for watching DVDs lol... I recommend new exhaust (prinini). Sound is great, and it gets a bit more breathing room in low RPMs. Have fun!

sorry, its Larini exhaust...

Yes, congrats on the car. Its a very nice day/moment when it arrives. I got an 07, and it has 2 SD cards. It stores music and is a lot easier than dealing w the CDs. However, I have not been able to make it play movies. Maybe the Nav/DVD slot, but I have not tried that. The driving experience really doesn't ask for watching DVDs lol... I recommend new exhaust (Larini). Sound is great, and it gets a bit more breathing room in low RPMs. Have fun!

You cannot use the SD card to watch movies, but the Nav/DVD slot should be able to play DVDs with no problems (since the system is equivalent to the Audi Navigation Plus head unit), and I think that films would be a great pastime on really long cruises/trips when stopped in rest areas, to not hinder with the driving experience, but to add on some entertainment!