LP550-2

pockmark

Yep, they rarely mention the weight difference. The VB edition is 120 kilos lighter.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, what about this:

"If Gallardo were designed as rear-wheel drive from the outset, it could have been 50-100 kg lighter than today's. However, because the chassis of LP550-2 is taken straight from the 4-wheel drive model, what it can save are only the front differential and central viscous coupling - totaling 30 kilograms... Note that many magazines incorrectly reported that it undercut LP560-4 by 120 kilograms. They apparently made a wrong calculation by subtracting the 1380 kg dry weight of LP550-2 from the 1500 kg kerb weight of LP560-4. Because so many big magazines did the same mistake (CAR is the only one giving the correct figure, I think), I did some research and finally understand why. If you go to www.lamborghini.com, you will find even themselves misprinted the 1500 kg kerb weight of LP560-4 as dry weight. In fact, we always know the latter tips the scale at 1410 kg dry or 1500 kg wet. Guiding by my heart, I would have liked to believe the rear-drive model undercut the 4-wheel-drive model by 120 kilograms, but unfortunately this is not the fact."

http://www.autozine.org/Archive/Lamborghin...ardo.html#LP550

Hmmm, what about this:

"If Gallardo were designed as rear-wheel drive from the outset, it could have been 50-100 kg lighter than today's. However, because the chassis of LP550-2 is taken straight from the 4-wheel drive model, what it can save are only the front differential and central viscous coupling - totaling 30 kilograms... Note that many magazines incorrectly reported that it undercut LP560-4 by 120 kilograms. They apparently made a wrong calculation by subtracting the 1380 kg dry weight of LP550-2 from the 1500 kg kerb weight of LP560-4. Because so many big magazines did the same mistake (CAR is the only one giving the correct figure, I think), I did some research and finally understand why. If you go to www.lamborghini.com, you will find even themselves misprinted the 1500 kg kerb weight of LP560-4 as dry weight. In fact, we always know the latter tips the scale at 1410 kg dry or 1500 kg wet. Guiding by my heart, I would have liked to believe the rear-drive model undercut the 4-wheel-drive model by 120 kilograms, but unfortunately this is not the fact."

http://www.autozine.org/Archive/Lamborghin...ardo.html#LP550