raffle my diablo off

chade014

Hey everyone, market is tight right now on cash, so i thought of a good way to sell my 2001 diablo, i would like everyones input and ideas.

I wanna sell 1000 raffle tickets @ $250.00 each, and the winner gets my 01 diablo... then i will donate 20% of the winnings to the charity of the winners choice.

Will be difficult to do. It needs to be audited by a seperate entity because what would keep you from selling the tickets and picking your buddy to 'win' the car. You may want to contact a charity first. Are you going to only let it fly if you sell the full 1000 tickets? If not are you going to hold everyone's money interest free until you sell all the tickets? What's to prevent you from running away with the money if you don't sell 1000 tickets, or if you sell 500 tickets and while waiting for the other 500 to sell invest the money you've collected and lose it?

These are things you have to think about when attempting something like this. I'm not asking you these questions, but they are general questions I'd ask someone doing something like this.

I do not know if you can do that as an individual (as opposed to a charitable organization). I would think the tax implications would be huge. I see raffles like this fairly often and large charity groups have a hard time selling all of the tickets. I think you would find it even more difficult as an individual.

Good luck,

JJB

I do not know if you can do that as an individual (as opposed to a charitable organization). I would think the tax implications would be huge. I see raffles like this fairly often and large charity groups have a hard time selling all of the tickets. I think you would find it even more difficult as an individual.

Good luck,

JJB

Thanks for everyones input... I have contacted a local charity to see if they are interested in the raffle.. I am only trying to be creative as a way to try to sell the car.

i think its a good idea if you can figure out what was mentioned how to get around taxs, etc.

but i don't think you'd have a problem selling tickets because form everyone else point of view its not a 50-50 for 50k or however much its 250 for a chance to win a diablo, hell i'd buy a ticket or two for a chance to win.

Good luck with the sale however you end up doing it though

I definitely like the concept!

If you can figure out the details, and really think you can move 1000 tickets (I would imagine you could sell more if you lowered the price and increased the number of tickets you need to sell)

There's over 17,000 members on this forum alone, not to mention L4P, 6 Speed, FChat, etc You can definitely find buyers for over 1000 tickets

yeah jmbrowns right you could even lower the price a little to 200 and i think easily could sell 1500 that way you'd rake in another 50k, but i really dont think you would have a hard time selling them all at any price

Heathrow airport in the UK always has a stand with a couple of cars (last week they had an Audi R8 and AM Vantage) that are raffled off with a limited amount of tickets.

It must work as they have been doing this for quite a few years now.

Russell