ANOTHER supra question

murclovr

K guys, if you pick a nice 97 supra that has been well maintained, is it going to give you problems just due to age? its pushing 10 yrs old...but for me its still soooo hot.

K guys, if you pick a nice 97 supra that has been well maintained, is it going to give you problems just due to age? its pushing 10 yrs old...but for me its still soooo hot.

Well you say it is well maintained...so i say go go go !!

You'll love it :)

alexandru...its being heavily considered..im PISSED at my car..the fcuking airbags went off for no reason...pissed me off bigtime.

There has been alot of Supra talk as if late!. Whats going on?

alexandru...its being heavily considered..im PISSED at my car..the fcuking airbags went off for no reason...pissed me off bigtime.

Then what are you waiting for...i love Supra's and i alwayz will !! :) :)

Pantera: Members here are true car fanatics and supras deserve our respect!

Alexandru, waiting for parents to give the go-ahead!!! Somehow, no matter what happens, a fcuk up on my car is my fault, so as a bad driver (for this week!) I have to see..Id kinda like one tho!!! Nice to pull on an Enzo eh?:) What else is there....a Plastic mess-06? nahhhh.....the other option is to replace with a semi practical car (maybe the new RS4?) and wait for it to get here...

It seams like theres nothing more than the Plastic mess-06. Last few weeks there has been talk that we might get a second car since the main one was recover and is in good contion, Im thinking of either a Supra or Firebird T/A. I want something that i dont have to spend thousands of dollars on modifing it. Something that is going to be cheap, cost effective, powerfull reliable, most important safe. I need something that i can drive everyday all year all weather. Most sports cars could never meet those requirements.But im going to have to wait until i get the greenlight before i can start looking.

Well a supra is the perfect car if you want a performant car and a very reliable daily driver !

I know what i'm talking about : Had a supra in highschool..haaaaaaaa what a blast she was!

Well a supra is the perfect car if you want a  performant car and a very reliable daily driver !

I know what i'm talking about : Had a supra in highschool..haaaaaaaa what a blast she was!

I remember my next door neighbor had both a Supra and a Celica. I cant remember what happend to the supra but the celica was trashed. now She owns a chevy avalanche.

In this case i would take a Firebird T/A because we used to own one a long time ago. The guy across the street from were i live had one the last gen Fbodys and it was nice. He had a Black Firebird T/A with some gold grapics on the sides but he had to sell because he had been paying over 800 a month between insurance and the payment it self.

Pantera you know what fits you better BTW the only american car i really like is the Viper GTS !

The supra will be my first choice if i was in your position!

The supra will  be my first choice if i was in your position!

Like i have said im still waiting to get the greenlight to start looking. So things can change.

pantera, if you come across a good supra, tell meeee! haha. (actually have found a few good ones..this on the night that the last car shit out on me!)

pantera, if you come across a good supra, tell meeee! haha. (actually have found a few good ones..this on the night that the last car shit out on me!)

The last time i came accross a perfect supra was back in the summer of 1999 were a toyota dealer was selling it for a cool 40k was new never been drivin before. It was silver with a Targa rooftop.

Otherwise i have only seen a total of 4supras here in my entire life. Theres a white one with a targa roof. Theres another with the same option except that sliver. Theres a red one thats riced up and my next door neighbor owned one and i have no idea what happend to it.

Also if i see one thats a 93-98 in the classifeds in my local news paper that shit is gone in a matter of hours!.

supras can be crazy fast...it just does take as much money as most other cars to make fast. id say the supra is the lambo of the import scene, and the ls1 is the lambo of the domestic scene. just how it wors out.

Supras, mechanically, are probobly the most overbuilt stock cars EVER made. The engine and trans (6-spd) in these cars are almost bullitt proof. A stock engine, minus cams will hold over 1000rwhp. That includes stock pistons, rods, bearings, HG, etc. The 6-spd trans is also a gem!! If you want to keep the car stock, which I think will be impossible, it will run for a very long time. Spending less than $2500 will yeild about 420rwhp on pump gas for everyday driving while maintaning 20 miles to the gallon, not that anyone cares about that. :) Maintanence almost doesn't exist on these cars. Every once in a while spend $60 on plugs and every 60K you spend $500 on a t-belt job. Fuel filters and air filters are pennies. In my eyes, they are mini exotics and if I had to pick one car to keep for the rest of my life, it would be a Supra Turbo. I have driven all types of exotics and purebred sports cars, and for the street Supra puts a big hurt on everything. You can build POS's to be just as fast, but there are a zillion POS's everywhere you look. You can also build Vipers to be just as powerfull, but the Toyota reliability and engineering isn't there. and it's still a Dodge. I love Vipers, dont get me wrong, but I stay loyal to the Sups.

Supra is a mrt417largethumb8wq.jpg

'nuff said :)

supras can be crazy fast...it just does take as much money as most other cars to make fast. id say the supra is the lambo of the import scene, and the ls1 is the lambo of the domestic scene. just how it wors out.

I dont know about droping all this kind of money into a Supra regardless if its fast. I have seen how much they run when its all said a done. Dont get me wrong you will be fast and almost unbeatable but i could have at least a used Diablo with that kind of money.

Is it really worth every penny?

Damn right it's worth every penny. Diablo is hotness. For way under a $100,000 you can build or actually have a shop build a 700rwhp monster that is daily drivable. I had 6 and now am having some fun trying the drivetrain out in a Lexus SC300. Plus dumping well over 6 figures into a car right away takes a real accomplished and wealthy person to do that. Almost any Joe can save $10K and get a loan for another $15K and slowly pay it off and build the car. They're 2 very different cars anyway. I love both.

Supras are pos non reliable bad handling slow pos, take it from someone who DAILY DRIVES a 1300+hp Supra and never has problems with it even tho he beats the shit out it :mrgreen:

-Seb