Assistance with retreiving codes and viewing live data

vectortech

Hello everyone. I have been working on a 96 Vector m12. I have been over on Lamborgini talk for quite a while , but was directed over here .

The engine is a 5.7 v12 out of a 95 or 96 Diablo. This was "factory " installed. ( At the time this car was manufactured, The same company that owned Lamborgini also owned Vector. Very interesting story btw.- Look it up some time.)

Any ways I have performed extensive amounts of work to this "creation" and now come to the point where I need some specifics on some info regaurding the data port for the ecu's.

I have been able to gain access to an actual Lambo Diagnostic computer. It has two Lambo Ecu's and data port just like the Diablo. Problem I am having is that when I attempt to communicate a "no communication with G.F.A . " message pops up. I have tried with the car running and in all key positions, with no different outcome.

What I am needing is to see if anyone may have encountered this berfore , and may be able to give me some insght. I have checked all fuses and even traced the wiring from the 5 pin connector back to the ecu's .

I have been in contact with my nearest Dealer to gain access to some wiring diagrams , but I havent heard back from him yet.

If someone might know anything regaurding this, Let me know-

Thanks!

Hello everyone. I have been working on a 96 Vector m12. I have been over on Lamborgini talk for quite a while , but was directed over here .

The engine is a 5.7 v12 out of a 95 or 96 Diablo. This was "factory " installed. ( At the time this car was manufactured, The same company that owned Lamborgini also owned Vector. Very interesting story btw.- Look it up some time.)

Any ways I have performed extensive amounts of work to this "creation" and now come to the point where I need some specifics on some info regaurding the data port for the ecu's.

I have been able to gain access to an actual Lambo Diagnostic computer. It has two Lambo Ecu's and data port just like the Diablo. Problem I am having is that when I attempt to communicate a "no communication with G.F.A . " message pops up. I have tried with the car running and in all key positions, with no different outcome.

What I am needing is to see if anyone may have encountered this berfore , and may be able to give me some insght. I have checked all fuses and even traced the wiring from the 5 pin connector back to the ecu's .

I have been in contact with my nearest Dealer to gain access to some wiring diagrams , but I havent heard back from him yet.

If someone might know anything regaurding this, Let me know-

Thanks!

If the engine and ECUs are from a 95 then they are not ment to work with the Factory lap top. It only goes down to 96 and then it was hit or miss very very few 96 in the US. On 95 and down cars you pull check engine codes by turning the key on then off 4 times stopping in the on postion then reading how many times the check engine light flashes. Each flash is for a different code.

To read live data we use the Lamborghini Consol. It is a device made for Lamborghini to plug in and read info from 1 bank at a time it has a switch for bank 1 (1-6) and bank 2 (7-12). Good luck with that.

Well today I was tring every thing. I was told before, to turn the key on and off 8 times to accesss the codes. I found out from Lambo web it was 4 times.( like you just said) I was able to retrieve codes- I would really like to veiw live data to set the throttle plates and check sensor inputs-

The diag port I am accessing is the proper one that plugs into the laptop I am using- A flat five wire plug.

So you are telling me that this is there for no reason? Why would in be in the wire loom and not be utilized?

Also were would a Lamborgini consol be acquired?

Well today I was tring every thing. I was told before, to turn the key on and off 8 times to accesss the codes. I found out from Lambo web it was 4 times.( like you just said) I was able to retrieve codes- I would really like to veiw live data to set the throttle plates and check sensor inputs-

The diag port I am accessing is the proper one that plugs into the laptop I am using- A flat five wire plug.

So you are telling me that this is there for no reason? Why would in be in the wire loom and not be utilized?

Also were would a Lamborgini consol be acquired?

It could have been there for use in later years. It was there I think so Lamborghini could program ECUs or change programming. But yes Lamborghini dose have plugs that are not in use or just for there use. The Gallardos have the same plug by there ECUs and in training they told us not to use or plug our laptops into it. It was for there use only!!!

You can try a Lambo dealer or thru the Factory. I know my Factory laptop dose not work on 95 cars. Dose your car also have the GFA ecu??? I know it has the LIE ecus I would think it dose also use the GFA but I dont know..