20" tyres what size for 20x12 rear?

SUPA-G

Hi there,

I've done a search for size for 20" tyres but most have talked about stock 295/30 19 and 305/25 20. I've ordered a set of 19"x8.5 front and 20"x12 rears from ADV should be ready any time now. Wanting opinion on 305/25/20 and 325/25 20 on the 20x12 as most people put 20x11 on the rears.

Appreciate LP's help will post photos when they're on.

Thanks so much.

Nico.

did you calculate the rolling circumference for matching the value of the stock rims/tires?

Otherwise you might get severe issues with the AWD system and your ESP.

did you calculate the rolling circumference for matching the value of the stock rims/tires?

Otherwise you might get severe issues with the AWD system and your ESP.

This is good advice. If the rolling circumference is much different say about 1% then you will be posting some time down the road on the thread below that is listed as NOISY REAR DIFF he had over sized rims and tires. I have alto of Lambos all models that have had issues with over sized wheels and tires. Not all cars will have issues many factors way in. What size and brand of tires. How you drive your car, how many miles etc. Even tires that are the same size say 335/35/18 can have a different rolling circumference from one brand to anther. The only approved size and brand is what comes on the car. When ever you go with over sized wheels and tires you open the door for issues.

This is good advice. If the rolling circumference is much different say about 1% then you will be posting some time down the road on the thread below that is listed as NOISY REAR DIFF he had over sized rims and tires. I have alto of Lambos all models that have had issues with over sized wheels and tires. Not all cars will have issues many factors way in. What size and brand of tires. How you drive your car, how many miles etc. Even tires that are the same size say 335/35/18 can have a different rolling circumference from one brand to anther. The only approved size and brand is what comes on the car. When ever you go with over sized wheels and tires you open the door for issues.

Hi guys,

I will be going with P Zeros but P Zero Neros as P Zero's only make in OEM size. 305/25 20 in the tyre calculator is 0 difference and at 325/25 20 1.5% only concern is stock is 11" rim on 295 and i'm going 12" on 305 I think it may stretch. Thanks for your friendly and good advice Jeff as always probably stick with 305/25 and have it stretch it abit.

Nico

Sometimes I'm feeling like living in the USA with all these speed limts causes way more relaxed driving.

I would never put wider wheels on the car because it dramaticly reduces the top speed and acceleration. Over here in Germany, most people only take these cars out of the garage for putting it to 200mp/h+ on the highways.

I would never put wider wheels on the car because it dramaticly reduces the top speed and acceleration.

Potential weight increases aside, how so...?

Other than weight all I can think of is rolling resistance, less aerodynamic, circumference should be the same so i dont think gearing is it....????

I dont think any of these would be very noticeable though...