PowderCoat Wheels & Bolts

kiram

Hey guys. So, I decided to powdercoat my wheels gloss black. BUT the guy tells me I cannot powdercoat the bolts because when he comes to re-assemble the wheels, he will end up stripping the paint right off.

Can you please let me know what you suggest? The bolts are titanium, so I cannot anodize them either.

I dont want the aluminum bolts. I want the bolts to be all black as well. What can I do?

Hey guys. So, I decided to powdercoat my wheels gloss black. BUT the guy tells me I cannot powdercoat the bolts because when he comes to re-assemble the wheels, he will end up stripping the paint right off.

Can you please let me know what you suggest? The bolts are titanium, so I cannot anodize them either.

I dont want the aluminum bolts. I want the bolts to be all black as well. What can I do?

You could buy a set of stock bolts from a regular Gallardo, they are black and non-titanium.

You absolutely can anodize the titanium bolts.

It sounds like you are talking about the bolts around the rim of the wheel... if so, I think they can be tightened with rubberized drivers to prevent marring. If you are talking about the 5 wheel bolts, then maybe you could switch to the newer torx type. Powder coating wouldn't work either but other paint would work. Only the inner part would get marred slightly by the torx head but if you really wanted, you could touch it up after they have been tightened.