how to change the radiator fluid on Diablo 6.0

b512m

How I do it:

Remove wing.

locate and remove two bolts at bottom of each radiator. After all is drained I start car, turn heater and fan on high, and fill expansion tank with water from garden hose, when thermostat opens, continue to fill tank with fresh water to flush the system. When clear water comes out of both radiators stop filling, shut off engine and allow to drain. Keep an eye on your temp gauge during this, don't let the tank go dry.

Replace bolts.

Fill expansion tank with mixture of distilled water and antifreeze.

Locate bleed screws under wing as shown.

Restart engine, crack open bleed screws one each side. When thermostat opens and water circulates air and coolant will spit out of both.......... I hate this part because your going to get coolant all over your paint and rear grill area. Another reason to have a garden hose ready to wash it off. When only coolant comes out, re-tighten both screws. There might be an additional bleed screw on your thermostat housing, although I've not found that air gets in there during a routine change.... I guess that means you never really get all the coolant out?

Replace expansion tank cap, short test drive. If good, wait till motor cools and recheck level in tank. Add additional coolant if necessary. It might take another bleed also if temps are uncomfortable. Getting all that air out is not the easiest thing to do.

On 97 roadster, it self bleeds which is very nice. 98 SV, 6.0, others you have to do it manually. Maybe someone can explain why.

post-10170-1264344710_thumb.jpg