Leaking rear view mirror - need to retrofit it.

carbuff

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, the guy who can refinish it is working on the AC controls for another Gallardo. He is not sure if there will be enough material remaining after sanding down the buttons to refinish it, but should know something soon. I will keep you posted.

Any new updates?

• 2 months later...

My mirror on my '04 Gallardo started filling with fluid, but did not leak. I already placed an order for a mirror, but what should I do in the meantime? I was thinking of just wrapping a rag around it. I put a towel over the dash for now, but I want to drive my car this weekend.

My mirror on my '04 Gallardo started filling with fluid, but did not leak. I already placed an order for a mirror, but what should I do in the meantime? I was thinking of just wrapping a rag around it. I put a towel over the dash for now, but I want to drive my car this weekend.

Put a plastic bag around it for takeoff. In my case when I turned it to get it off it fell on my seat. If I did not have the bag around it, it would have been a disaster.

This is a great thread! I just bought an 04 G and waiting for the transport to pick it up from Lambo Dallas. I will call them on Tuesday and ask if it has the auto-dimmer mirror. If it does, I will have them replace it with the manual version immediately.

Thanks for the heads-up on this issue!

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have my G into the dealer shop to get something tweaked and I guess it spent a few days out in the heat because they told me, like many here, my mirror started dripping and has ruined the climate control interface. I spoke to someone who said he replaced the climate control on his G with, I think it was, an Audi A8 one which he bought off ebay for like $300 instead of the dealer who wanted thousands. Does anyone know for sure, or have a part number where we can get the same part but from an Audi?

Thanks much.

Hi everyone,

I have my G into the dealer shop to get something tweaked and I guess it spent a few days out in the heat because they told me, like many here, my mirror started dripping and has ruined the climate control interface. I spoke to someone who said he replaced the climate control on his G with, I think it was, an Audi A8 one which he bought off ebay for like $300 instead of the dealer who wanted thousands. Does anyone know for sure, or have a part number where we can get the same part but from an Audi?

Thanks much.

Looks close...Not sure about the wiring, never took mine out to look at it...But there is a pic of the plugs if you scroll down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-04-05-Audi-A8-H...e83&vxp=mtr

Also, someone on 'another' lambo forum fitted a universal Homelink mirror in place to gain garage/gate functions...Not a bad deal for ~$150 from Amazon.