Brake Pad Warning Light?

UH-Matt

Have had my brake pad warning light on dash for a little while now.

I just took all my wheels off and checked inside and outside pads, and they all seem to have loads of life left in them, and also the cables for the sensors are all plugged in and intact... Any ideas?!

VERY common problem. Discussed before.

Usually ends up being a broken wire in wiring harness going to the pad sensor, on one or more of the wheels. Sooner or later, they all break....

So do people just ignore the light and monitor the pads manually, or is there an easy way to replace the cable? Or is the cable replaced when new pads are fitted?

Thanks!

You need to find the break in the harness, not in the brake pad. Or it may be in its pigtail. Short out the pigtail connector on the car side and check for fault. If no fault, pad assembly is faulty or worn. If Fault still present, repeat on another wheel. If all wheels checked and fault persists, it is in the wiring harness.

Front cable is usually spliced, rear cable can be changed out (it is part of the rear wiring harness that just plugs in.)

If you do not know how to check for continuity to find the break, best leave it to the dealer or a qualified auto electrician.

From most of my experiences; both front pad harness on the vehicle's side not the pad side get stretched and damaged. Attached are some pictures showing the damages.

Hope this helps

103_1522.JPG

103_1523.JPG

103_1524.JPG

Thanks Carbuff!!

I figured sometimes repair hints in words don't always paint a clear picture.

This Issue Played with my skills for two days. I had checked harness continuity from the cluster to the sensor plug and all over. As you can see the issue is hidden in different locations.