lp570 laptime beats scuderia by a second

Hermes

first recorded laptime of lp570

Ring Knutstrop (Conf 2), Sweden (2070 m)

Pos Make / Model Time

1. Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera 1:09.1

2. Caterham R500 1:09.6

3. Audi R8 V10 5.2 FSI 1:09.9

4. KTM X-Bow 1:09.9

5. Porsche 997 Turbo facelift 1:10,3

6. Ferrari 430 Scuderia 1:10.2

7. Porsche 997 GT2 1:10.8

8. Mercedes SLS AMG 1:11,4

9. Audi R8 Spyder 1:11,7

10. Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera 1:11.1

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track108.html

Eh, in that case the Scuderia is more comparable to the LAST Superleggera (which the Scud is 1 sec faster than the SL). Let's see what the 458 Italia runs before overpraising the NEW SL...

Shit, the Audi goes schnell! Impressive lap time for the heavier, standard model. The R8 GT should be faster.....

Shit, the Audi goes schnell! Impressive lap time for the heavier, standard model. The R8 GT should be faster.....

Way too many variables we don't know, principally if any of the cars were run on the course on the same day or not.

No conclusions can be drawn unfortunately, including for your lifelong domestic partner Vroom, the R8. :icon_thumleft:

Way too many variables we don't know, principally if any of the cars were run on the course on the same day or not.

No conclusions can be drawn unfortunately, including for your lifelong domestic partner Vroom, the R8. :icon_thumleft:

It was a forgone conclusion that you would reply to my post. :icon_mrgreen:

The LP is at the top of the heap, thats a given, but being one of the FEW board members who has had a lot of seat time in a R8 V10, I stick up for the Audi bastard child because its a fcuking sweet ride. :icon_thumleft:

It was a forgone conclusion that you would reply to my post. :icon_mrgreen:

The LP is at the top of the heap, thats a given, but being one of the FEW board members who has had a lot of seat time in a R8 V10, I stick up for the Audi bastard child because its a fcuking sweet ride. :icon_thumleft:

Just as much a forgone conclusion that you or Brian would post about the R8's time. :icon_mrgreen:

I haven't driven the V10, but the V8 I did drive was so boring, so sedate, and so devoid of all emotion, that it would not even be a THOUGHT over a similarly-priced used 04-06 Gallardo. Worlds apart emotionally and in terms of excitement for the driver, not even close.

So I can't see how the V10 would rate such fervor, particularly how most of the reviews on the car say it's "lost a little of the magic" versus the V8?

Put it this way Bernard: If I give you only ONE car off that list to own, do you choose the R8-V10? No. Even if price was independent. It's just not in that ultra top-tier league for presence, impact, emotion, or otherwise.

Just as much a forgone conclusion that you or Brian would post about the R8's time. :icon_mrgreen:

I haven't driven the V10, but the V8 I did drive was so boring, so sedate, and so devoid of all emotion, that it would not even be a THOUGHT over a similarly-priced used 04-06 Gallardo. Worlds apart emotionally and in terms of excitement for the driver, not even close.

So I can't see how the V10 would rate such fervor, particularly how most of the reviews on the car say it's "lost a little of the magic" versus the V8?

Put it this way Bernard: If I give you only ONE car off that list to own, do you choose the R8-V10? No. Even if price was independent. It's just not in that ultra top-tier league for presence, impact, emotion, or otherwise.

I wasn't impressed with the V8, the V10 grows on you. I agree it lacks the immediate visceral thrills but put a few thousand miles on one and I guarantee you will love the car. If I needed a sporty DD, the V10 would be on top of the list.

I wasn't impressed with the V8, the V10 grows on you. I agree it lacks the immediate visceral thrills but put a few thousand miles on one and I guarantee you will love the car. If I needed a sporty DD, the V10 would be on top of the list.

:icon_thumleft:

The LP holds the current production lap record for that track as driven by the same source. Nice to have a lambo on top no matter how fleetingly. The original Gallardo superleggera held the lap record at Vairano for a short time before the Scuderia unseated it.

Perhaps when the 458, and more likely the 911 GT2 RS do this track, the standings will change.