Countach Clutch

Jalpa_Mike

good pics, thanks.

how much USD did they ask you for the new clutch?

ciao

good pics, thanks.

how much USD did they ask you for the new clutch?

ciao

I provided them with all the parts (clutch, seals, O-Rings, Gaskets, filters, motor mounts, etc..) I'm just paying for labor. I should know how much that will be when I pick the car up on Monday. :-)

Their quote was 22-24 hours of labor. It might be a bit more since I had them do some additional things. Plus, I'm having them replace all the fuel lines, vacuum lines, etc..

here clutch service is 600 euro for the clutch and 600 euro for labor = 1200 euro + 20% taxes (more or less 1500 USD + taxes).

Time of labor: 16 hours

This price and hours is not for an official Lamborghini Service.

ciao

Well, I got the bad news today that the Countach won't be ready before the Italian Gathering car show this Saturday. What a bummer!!!

The distributor is being worked on at a Marelli shop, but the guy doing the work had a death in the family and it looks like he won't be able to get to it until Monday.

They are putting everything back together and the engine should be back in the car Tomorrow or Friday Morning. Exhaust manifolds were cleaned up and reinstalled with new copper gaskets.

While we are waiting for the distributor, they decided to test the fuel injectors. WOW!! Good thing they did!!!! Take at look at these "Before & After" numbers!!! Like they said "Mike, I'm surprised your car ran with the injectors this bad and your distributor advance rusted and seized!"

I've also decided to repaint the valve covers back to OEM "Black Crinkle"! They were painted today, and in the oven curing tonight. I'll have photo's of those tomorrow.

Mike

CIMG2099.JPG

CIMG2100.JPG

Distributor_Bearing.JPG

1_6.jpg

7_12.jpg

Engine was put back into the car yesterday!!! I think we are on the home stretch now! Just waiting for the distributor to come back from rebuild on Monday.

Notice that I also went ahead and had the valve covers repainted back to black. :icon_thumleft:

CIMG2112.JPG

CIMG2115.JPG

DSCF0597.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Picking the baby up tomorrow. Here it is right after Jareme and I took it out for a test drive! WOW! Its like a whole new car!!! :-)

Jareme has the last few things to do it tomorrow morning. Flush the old brake fluid and fill it with new. Charge the A/C and put the engine hatch and trunk/wing back on.

test.JPG

another Countach comes back to shock the world! :eusa_dance:

+1

I can't wait. A friend of mine is going to drive me to the dealer in his White Murci, and we can drive back together and stun the public with our white and red Lambo's rolling down the freeway! :icon_thumleft:

Fantastic!

I knew the car, I am not surprised at the work because it was actually driven. You should be all set for a few years.....just don't let it sit longer than a winter.

Fantastic!

I knew the car, I am not surprised at the work because it was actually driven. You should be all set for a few years.....just don't let it sit longer than a winter.

Yep, I've been keeping Tony up to speed on everything we've been doing. I'm sure he loves getting the updates to his old "baby". :-)

Mike

here clutch service is 600 euro for the clutch and 600 euro for labor = 1200 euro + 20% taxes (more or less 1500 USD + taxes).

Time of labor: 16 hours

This price and hours is not for an official Lamborghini Service.

ciao

Wow, that is cheap. :shock: