Coil and Amplifier for Diablo

ragnbull

Does anyone know how to purchase the amplifier(modual) that is on the back of the coil. I need one. I already have 2 new coils

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know how to purchase the amplifier(modual) that is on the back of the coil. I need one. I already have 2 new coils

They cross with a 90's Jag part I believe. You can go to NAPA and ask for Lucas PN: DAB 801, there's a couple other PN's that cross if this one doesn't work.

What exactly does the module do I also replaced coils and was wondering what they were for or how you know if 1 is bad???

In short...the Marelli ignition system in this car (and the Jag XJ-S V12) is weak, and doesn't have enough balls on it's own to fully fire and burn the fuel mixture completely. The amplifier literally helps energize the ignition coils so that they can keep up as the revs get higher.

The two most basic tales of a faulty amplifier is weak spark and inoperative or inaccurate tachometer. If you read through any DIY type articles for the Jag XJ-S you'll find some good detailed information that can guide you on how to deal with this system.

They cross with a 90's Jag part I believe. You can go to NAPA and ask for Lucas PN: DAB 801, there's a couple other PN's that cross if this one doesn't work.

I tried using part # you gave my parts guys couldn't find anything does anyone have a good part number for the amplifiers???

I tried using part # you gave my parts guys couldn't find anything does anyone have a good part number for the amplifiers???

Try this Motorcraft number: EDY 13. Motorcraft is a Ford part supplier so they should be able to find this one without too much trouble. What year is your car exactly? There are differences between the early and later cars.

Try this Motorcraft number: EDY 13. Motorcraft is a Ford part supplier so they should be able to find this one without too much trouble. What year is your car exactly? There are differences between the early and later cars.

Mines a 2wd 93

...just wanted to be certain. The Motorcraft number really should be a good number.

if anyone can find the right part for online sales can you provide the link cuz I officially give up :eusa_wall: