Problem with E-Gear 2006 GSE

SonicMS

Hello All,

As i was driving my car this morning, the 123456 has a red box blinking around them. So I put the gear to neutral and the car won't go to gear. The R has a red box blinking around them. I read a lot on this forum that this is happend to quite a few people, and seems the problem to be a leak in the hydraulics system.

So long story short i take off the intake to see where the leaks is coming from. I found a puddle of oil accumulating where the hoses is connected to a control unit. ( I point out in the picture) The hose cover is damp but not wet. Oil Resevoir is also low and the pump seems to be pumping continuesly..

Any lambo guru here can point out to me which hoses seems to be the culprit or it might also be the seals arround the black caps that goes bad..

Any thoughts???

egear.jpg

I can't tell by your picture but I think this is the beginning of the egear line failure... the 06 egear lines were known to be mounted at too high of an angle causing the line to fail prematurely. What may be a leak right could lead to a blow out with oil spewing everywhere. If you look at the connection point, it should be pretty clear if one or more of them are breaking. If this is the cause, just replace (or have replaced) all of the lines... chances are if one is going, the others are on their way out. I think they are an overpriced $550 per line.

Also, if this is the case, make sure the actuator is still in good condition. That's like a 20k parts b/c they don't sell just that part anymore.

Hello All,

As i was driving my car this morning, the 123456 has a red box blinking around them. So I put the gear to neutral and the car won't go to gear. The R has a red box blinking around them. I read a lot on this forum that this is happend to quite a few people, and seems the problem to be a leak in the hydraulics system.

So long story short i take off the intake to see where the leaks is coming from. I found a puddle of oil accumulating where the hoses is connected to a control unit. ( I point out in the picture) The hose cover is damp but not wet. Oil Resevoir is also low and the pump seems to be pumping continuesly..

Any lambo guru here can point out to me which hoses seems to be the culprit or it might also be the seals arround the black caps that goes bad..

Any thoughts???

I believe they can be replaced with SS braided hoses. You may have to have them made up to length. Contact a hydraulic hose outfit in your area.

It is possible that the leak could be from the fluid fill port if the plug has come undone. Seen this happen.

BTW: Your gearbox is very filthy. Shame! :)

Time for a pressure wash...Hit it with some engine cleaner and then wash. That will help you pinpoint the source of the leak.

The factory hoses are stainless steel lines. Problem is the inner hose and if the get bent or are not torqued right. The fitting is putting pressure on the hose were they meet.

You can have the lines made up as well.

Did you resolve the issue? I forgot to mention that the e-gear fluid is red and stinks something fierce.

I did solve the problem. Appears to be a bad Cooper washer in one of the hydraulics line. I replace it, top off the fluids and bleed the e-gear system. Works well now.. Crossing finger.. Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions.

Did you resolve the issue? I forgot to mention that the e-gear fluid is red and stinks something fierce.

The e-gear fluid is clear, not red ATF. ATF works fine in Ferrari 360s, not so good in a Gallardo. I'm thinking do to the heat.

Seen many cars get ATF installed then have shifting problems. Flush the ATF out and install the correct fluid and problems gone.

• 2 weeks later...
The e-gear fluid is clear, not red ATF. ATF works fine in Ferrari 360s, not so good in a Gallardo. I'm thinking do to the heat.

Seen many cars get ATF installed then have shifting problems. Flush the ATF out and install the correct fluid and problems gone.

E-gear fluids is clear, fill it with CS Tutella..

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like your car blew an egear hose.

My 07 did the same thing and oil was spewing out everywhere in the engine bay. Get the hoses replaced.

Hello All,

Any thoughts???

• 4 weeks later...
E-gear fluids is clear, fill it with CS Tutella..

CS Tutella is clear but my fluid was red and as far as I can tell, always was. I don't know what was put in (by 2 authorized dealers) but thanks for the heads up. I will probably not use CS Tutella though. I believe it is at least twice as expensive and has no benefit over other compatible fluid.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I did solve the problem. Appears to be a bad Cooper washer in one of the hydraulics line. I replace it, top off the fluids and bleed the e-gear system. Works well now.. Crossing finger.. Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions.

Hi

I have the same probleme with my 07 gallardo nera. I bought Tutela cs speed. Ho did you do to bleed the egear system.

Thx

Hi

I have the same probleme with my 07 gallardo nera. I bought Tutela cs speed. Ho did you do to bleed the egear system.

Thx

Try PM'ing member 'fast1' I think he just did this procedure himself.