Good times

topjay

Drove the following back to back:

LP 560-4, Manual

LP 560-4, Spyder

LP 570-4

LP 550-2

Great fun!

Did circuit laps of in all the cars except the manual 560 (used that and sl on handling) & also a handling course which was pretty cool, basically car control getting the back end out and getting it to slide, absolutely destroyed the tyres though. Great to see the limit of the car & how hard you can push it with tc on and off.

Every car had it's own instructor and the Super Trofeo race crew & car was there for racing clients to drive, sadly no go for me.

My thoughts:

Manual is rubbish in comparason to e-gear, no one wanted to use it, including the instructors i talked to.

SL is fantastic and noticably better handling & smoother with no noticable loss of ride quality over my 560, didn't feel any quicker though but changed direction better & felt more planted.

560 pretty good

560 spyder again good but softer and felt a bit heavier

550-2 not a fan, felt twitchy & a little unstable, maybe i'm not a good enough driver to fully appreciate it, but i really didn't like it. Handling felt heavier & less precise more like the 560 in comparason to the 570. I would describe is as acting almost like a 560 with tc off but more so

570 FTW best car there by a long way, makes me a bit sad as i thought my 560 would square up better on the handling/feel front, the loss of 140 kg definately improves the car a lot.

Crazy hard to lose control on all with esp still on, just kills the power & brakes for you, lets you go a little but then snaps you back in line. Turn it off & you can spin quite easily if your pushing on.

Super Trofeo, cant comment on driving, but pretty loud & looked good. Had a good look at the exhaust engine setup etc, exhaust is just a straight pipe that splits at the end for the tips, no muffling at all, very simple single tube, sounded louder than my straight pipes though, especially on downshifts, although its hard to tell. Think it must have either sports cats or decat for that noise. Also had carbon airboxes, couldn't see much else, lots of vents, ducting, cooling, etc & bigger drilled & grooved brakes.

Will add some pics later

I drove the 570SL and the 560 spyder this weekend and totally agree with your write up. I absolutely loved the 570SL and it's hands down the best stock (unmodded) car I've ever driven...

Sounds like an awesome time! Could you elaborate a bit on what exactly turned everyone off of the manual? Was it simply that it was so much slower and more cumbersome than the E-Gear, or was there something substantively wrongly with the way the manual transmission felt and acted?