09 560 Wonky starting issue. WTF?

PCow

6 speed car, not even 2k miles yet.

Get in car, depress clutch pedal, insert key, turn to on, start clutch pedal goes dead and will not allow to start.

Here is the kicker

Get in car, insert key, turn to on, depress clutch pedal, start, fires right up.

I know some will say do it the way that it works, but I know thats not correct. I ALWAYS start my car by engaging the clutch before I put the key in for safety reasons.

Is there a way that I can complete the neutral safety switch sensor to isolate that circuit to see it its the issue? If I can get to it and jump the leads, then I can put a multimeter on it and see if there is a huge difference and go from there. This is some weird shit, and of course its cold outside when it happens, and god knows I have the fcuking cold.

Im going to take it to the dealer in a few weeks, but that requires a 6 hour drive to my nearest. Would like to tinker with it before hand.

Best

6 speed car, not even 2k miles yet.

Get in car, depress clutch pedal, insert key, turn to on, start clutch pedal goes dead and will not allow to start.

Here is the kicker

Get in car, insert key, turn to on, depress clutch pedal, start, fires right up.

I know some will say do it the way that it works, but I know thats not correct. I ALWAYS start my car by engaging the clutch before I put the key in for safety reasons.

Is there a way that I can complete the neutral safety switch sensor to isolate that circuit to see it its the issue? If I can get to it and jump the leads, then I can put a multimeter on it and see if there is a huge difference and go from there. This is some weird shit, and of course its cold outside when it happens, and god knows I have the fcuking cold.

Im going to take it to the dealer in a few weeks, but that requires a 6 hour drive to my nearest. Would like to tinker with it before hand.

Best

It's a 4-wire switch tied in with the CAN-BUS system, jumping it won't work. You'll need to replicate the entire circuit. Not worth while. The only easy way to see what's happening is to get in with the LDAS/LARAS and monitor the switch functioning through the computer.

Thanks, that's exactly the info I needed. It will just go to the dealership and fixed via warranty.

Thanks Josh

Best

My 2011 LP-570 had starting issues....turned out to be a lose wire on the starter motor...

Thanks, that's exactly the info I needed. It will just go to the dealership and fixed via warranty.

Thanks Josh

Best

Unfortunately because it works one way and not the other I know that isn't something similar to that. Its starts up everytime if I do it in the correct order (pushing the clutch in after 'on' is engaged) .

Best