New member need help

328-5700

Can someone give me some advice. my 92 Bull's clutch slave cylinder is dead. What is best way to take it down? use hammer? lol cause its hard to push it by hand. lol

post-25592-1293947354.jpg

Looks like you still have the fluid line still connected, till you remove that, you are not going to get the cyl out. That line is super stiff and not going to allow the cyl to be removed.. . Also there may be a bit of build up around the cyl and that will keep it from moving easily. Once line is off, a tap with a small hammer should cause it to move.

Chadbourn Bolles

Mine was frozen in there. Try grabbing it with some channel locks and twisting. Also a carefully placed large screwdriver and hammer. Go ahead and rip that boot off, and get the pin out of the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you end up getting it out, @328-5700? FWIW, when I removed the clip ring (as you already have, from the photo above), the slave cylinder slipped out fairly easily. As a test of whether it's loose enough to slip out, you should be able to spin the cylinder while it's still attached to the bell housing of the transmission.

Did you end up getting it out, @328-5700? FWIW, when I removed the clip ring (as you already have, from the photo above), the slave cylinder slipped out fairly easily. As a test of whether it's loose enough to slip out, you should be able to spin the cylinder while it's still attached to the bell housing of the transmission.

yes, FiveCar!

It took about 1 hr. to replace a new cylinder. Right now, its so happy to rolling on the road!

yes, FiveCar!

It took about 1 hr. to replace a new cylinder. Right now, its so happy to rolling on the road!

Great. I hope to get back on the road myself. Engine's already put back in -- just need some fluids, reattach the clutch rod and muffler, and I'll be good to go too.

Glad to hear that removing the clutch cylinder worked. In the end, what was making it difficult to remove? Was it literally stuck to the bell housing?