Superleggera on Sebring Raceway

roncfpz

A short video of some fairly clean laps on Sebring this past weekend at Suncoast PCA HPDE. Turn 17 is quite an adventure.

Great stuff...I can't wait for the tracks around here to re-open for the season...I haven't turned a tire on track since the end of October!

• 4 months later...

Your lines look ok, but a lot of speed to be gained around. What tires were you using ?

You average around 2:37. I would say you have around 10 seconds left being easy on the car, and with street tires. Assuming you're not familiar with the track.

Just for reference a regular 2009 carrera S (stock) laps around 2:28 with 100 treadware tires like R888.

Your lines look ok, but a lot of speed to be gained around. What tires were you using ?

You average around 2:37. I would say you have around 10 seconds left being easy on the car, and with street tires. Assuming you're not familiar with the track.

Just for reference a regular 2009 carrera S (stock) laps around 2:28 with 100 treadware tires like R888.

Thanks; was using the PZero Corsa R which are decent. Will now be running Hoosier R6s at the track. This was only my second time (day) at Sebring. Definitely need more seat time at Sebring.

Thanks; was using the PZero Corsa R which are decent. Will now be running Hoosier R6s at the track. This was only my second time (day) at Sebring. Definitely need more seat time at Sebring.

Sebring is one of my favorite tracks here in US, and the only one that I like here in Florida. Have patience and get a coach. The best mod you can ever had. You will be surprised how much improvement you can get in one weekend.

Are you going back with Chin next month ? They have a one day event.

Sebring is one of my favorite tracks here in US, and the only one that I like here in Florida. Have patience and get a coach. The best mod you can ever had. You will be surprised how much improvement you can get in one weekend.

Are you going back with Chin next month ? They have a one day event.

Thanks! I'll be at Roebling Aug 20 & 21st for our own track event. I'll probably do Chin @ Sebring in early October. I definitely agree on the coaching benefits.

Thanks! I'll be at Roebling Aug 20 & 21st for our own track event. I'll probably do Chin @ Sebring in early October. I definitely agree on the coaching benefits.

I love to run with Chin...You will not get more track time for your money. Great bunch of people.

Looking good Ron. I'm working on coming back down there for Daytona again in Nov. :headbang:

how fast can you get going on the long straight away?

Chin is a great group, and the crew is awesome, Mark and Maria are always warm to everyone. PBOC is also a great group if you run Super Solo. Very very experienced and fast drivers. Free passing zone with no point by :)

Is a smaller group though.

how fast can you get going on the long straight away?

I was hitting around 150.

Chin is a great group, and the crew is awesome, Mark and Maria are always warm to everyone. PBOC is also a great group if you run Super Solo. Very very experienced and fast drivers. Free passing zone with no point by :)

Is a smaller group though.

Chin is definitely great; ran with them at Road Atlanta. I think I saw you run at PBOC Viper Days at Sebring a few months ago. I believe you also know Sharif from Forged Performance.

Looking good Ron. I'm working on coming back down there for Daytona again in Nov. :headbang:

Yes, you must come down......3 days of pure track joy escpecially now with the new surface. You have a place at my house. :icon_thumleft:

What do you guys think about a forum group for WinterFest in February or the one in September. Both are PBOC events, in Sebring. Winterfest is one of the most fun events of the year.

Would be nice to get a group together. I have a group of at least 6 or 8 track junkies friends, and we are always together at the track.

I was hitting around 150.

Chin is definitely great; ran with them at Road Atlanta. I think I saw you run at PBOC Viper Days at Sebring a few months ago. I believe you also know Sharif from Forged Performance.

I was at that PBOC event, with my GT2, we were 6 guys killing each other :) we always have the most fun.

Winterfest is one of the most fun events of the year.

One of the best track weekends I have ever done. PBOC puts on a great event. Far better than any PCA region in FL.

What do you guys think about a forum group for WinterFest in February or the one in September. Both are PBOC events, in Sebring. Winterfest is one of the most fun events of the year.

Would be nice to get a group together. I have a group of at least 6 or 8 track junkies friends, and we are always together at the track.

Sounds great to me.