Egear problem HELP PLS

eruos

It started a few weeks ago but it's getting worse. If you pull the key to ignition and you hear the pump more loud than usual and that's when it all starts. The shift light 123456 starts blinking, if you are in neutral then the N R blinks and you can't get the car to move unless you turn it on and off for several times.

It happened me once driving, suddenly changing from 1st to Neutral at the middle of the street

I don't have a dealer nearby

How do I check the egear fluid levels?

Has anyone had this problem ?

Thanks I'll really appreciate your help.

When the lights flash it is a egear fluid pressure issue normally if you are not getting a egear light on at the same time. You say the pump is running. So it could be low on fluid, or the pump is not putting enough pressure out or it could be the dreaded actuator issue when it bypasses the pressure. I hope it is option 1 or 2. It sound like it time to get it look at by someone.

The egear fluid reservoir is behind the right side panel in the engine bay. When the panel is off you must loosen the bolts behind the reservoir and slide it out to get the cap off.

Yes I have seen this issue more then once on different Gallard's.

If it is the actuator they are very pricey.

Most likely you will have to decide where you will send it for repairers.

Yes, The lights are flashing !!!!,

Ill post a pic if I get lost , right now im in miami and i was hoping to get to the lambo dealer to get some help, im not form US, Thanks !!!

Hopefully, you simply have a low Egear fluid issue. If your pump runs abnormally long with you open the door, that's probably what it is. Just check the fluid level, and also check around the Egear actuator as well as the selectors below the resevoir. Good luck

Hopefully, you simply have a low Egear fluid issue. If your pump runs abnormally long with you open the door, that's probably what it is. Just check the fluid level, and also check around the Egear actuator as well as the selectors below the resevoir. Good luck

YEap, thats exactly whats happening alan , before a failure you can hear the pump running for a longer time.

Interesting, I would've figured more miles if it were the pump failing. Hopefully it just needs fluid and possibly to be bled. Mine was flashing the same lights and would get me stuck in traffic by going to neutral and not allowing me to select a gear, and I ended up having to replace the pump. The difference was though, my pump was getting hot and locking up, once the car cooled (and the e-gear pump cooled), it would work again for a short drive and then get me stuck in neutral again when I came to the next stop. Most of the pumps I've seen go bad don't happen with so few miles though. They also don't generally continue to work if you just repeatedly turn the key. It seems the more common thing for the failing pump is they quit working when they get hot, cool down and work a short while again...get hot, quit again, etc. Eventually they lock up for good.

I suppose it could still be the pump though...just getting weak on pressure and needing to be primed numerous times. Did you check the fluid level in the e-gear reservoir yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting, I would've figured more miles if it were the pump failing. Hopefully it just needs fluid and possibly to be bled. Mine was flashing the same lights and would get me stuck in traffic by going to neutral and not allowing me to select a gear, and I ended up having to replace the pump. The difference was though, my pump was getting hot and locking up, once the car cooled (and the e-gear pump cooled), it would work again for a short drive and then get me stuck in neutral again when I came to the next stop. Most of the pumps I've seen go bad don't happen with so few miles though. They also don't generally continue to work if you just repeatedly turn the key. It seems the more common thing for the failing pump is they quit working when they get hot, cool down and work a short while again...get hot, quit again, etc. Eventually they lock up for good.

I suppose it could still be the pump though...just getting weak on pressure and needing to be primed numerous times. Did you check the fluid level in the e-gear reservoir yet?

Mine started to fail around 8,000 miles. Seemed to be worse in cold weather but would correct itself when things warmed up. Was very intermittent.

STILL NOT !! I Came back to home today!! I'll check it and post the results

STILL NOT !! I Came back to home today!! I'll check it and post the results

Let it warm up for about 15 minutes or so running and then try.

OK, YEAP, The reservoire it's almost empty!! Which fluid do you recommend? Any brand in particular?

And thanks for everybody's help !!

Hi every body

I am new in this Forum.

I am Kamal from France. I have a Gallardo Nera 2007 with 11000 miles.

I have the same probleme with my E gear. Have you resolve the probleme?

Thank you and sorry for my English.

Hi every body

I am new in this Forum.

I am Kamal from France. I have a Gallardo Nera 2007 with 11000 miles.

I have the same probleme with my E gear. Have you resolve the probleme?

Thank you and sorry for my English.

Hi kamal, still not, apparently some hose is broken, but i cant check it until i top my gear oil reservoire with tutela as the owners manual says, and here in my country that brand doesnt exists.

Ill post some results as soon as i find some similar product.

In the meantime you can follow the steps posted here by our friends in order to check the level of fluid in yogur car.

Hi kamal, still not, apparently some hose is broken, but i cant check it until i top my gear oil reservoire with tutela as the owners manual says, and here in my country that brand doesnt exists.

Ill post some results as soon as i find some similar product.

In the meantime you can follow the steps posted here by our friends in order to check the level of fluid in your car.

Hi eruos

Thanx for your help. I cheked my E gear oil reservoire and it's empty.

I've been is the please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors's web site and i found the fluid. i think it's TUTELA CAR CS SPEED TRANSMISSION-OIL.

thx