Engine or Transmission Whine?

JohnLP560

I have a 07 E-Gear Gallardo, and I notice that when the car is cold with the windows up and music off after I left off the throttle coming to a stop light, there is a whining noise. It sounds like it can be the engine or transmission. Not the egear pump or intake sound. It gets better after the car is warmed up but doesn't fully go away. Any idea what that can be? The sound is best heard when I am coasting to a stop light.

I have a 07 E-Gear Gallardo, and I notice that when the car is cold with the windows up and music off after I left off the throttle coming to a stop light, there is a whining noise. It sounds like it can be the engine or transmission. Not the egear pump or intake sound. It gets better after the car is warmed up but doesn't fully go away. Any idea what that can be? The sound is best heard when I am coasting to a stop light.

I had the same problem...change your rear DIFF/Tranny fuild with Redline MTL fluid and the whine will go away!