New Clutch, car still jumping in 1st gear

ctomic

Hi,

I think my old post got deleted due to the problems yesterday. Here we go again....

I changed my clutch some weeks ago as my Gallardo 04 was always jumping/julting in the first gear when accelerating uphill. In Lamborghini

they told me that all acceleration problems should be solved by changing the clutch.

The car drives much better now but still its jumping when i am trying to accelerate in curves or taking of the gas in the first gear. Does anyone

know if this is normal? I got screenshots of the chlutch configuration etc of that should help?

all the best from spain,

Chris

Was the wear indicator rest? Some cars will not drive correctly if the wear indicator is not rest. As what is the pis set at? Are you lifting of the fuel pedal when shifting?

its an e-gear. how can i find out about the indicator reset? attached i am sending a screenshot of the software type, does this help??

thanks ..... chris

Was the wear indicator rest? Some cars will not drive correctly if the wear indicator is not rest. As what is the pis set at? Are you lifting of the fuel pedal when shifting?

Scannen0032.jpg

Untitled.jpg

must reset wear indicator. Recommended PIS reference point is 5.0mm. Fine adjustment up/down in 0.03mm each to achieve comfortability of drive. Take note, adjust downward 5.00mm is smoother but more clutch wear. So it depend on individual perferences.

Hi,

I think my old post got deleted due to the problems yesterday. Here we go again....

I changed my clutch some weeks ago as my Gallardo 04 was always jumping/julting in the first gear when accelerating uphill. In Lamborghini

they told me that all acceleration problems should be solved by changing the clutch.

The car drives much better now but still its jumping when i am trying to accelerate in curves or taking of the gas in the first gear. Does anyone

know if this is normal? I got screenshots of the chlutch configuration etc of that should help?

all the best from spain,

Chris

What happens if you turn AC off?.

Can you post a screen shot of the computer screen with the clutch measurements? I haven't seen the paper you posted be for, but I think I understand what it is saying. Don't touch PIS just yet. Looks like the wear indicator has not been reset. you rest the wear indicator with the scan tool.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

quick update. Just came back from my lambo-dealer. They are telling me that every gallardo 04 and the older murcielago models have the same problem, they jump

in 1st gear. No matter how you accelerate or how exact you try to be with the gas pedal it will always jump, in curves and when you drive slow.

They claim all parameter have been reset and there is no problem with the clutch.

my question is, did anyone ever hear that this is a normal behaviour for a Gallardo 04 clutch?

sunny greetings from spain,

Chris

Hi guys,

quick update. Just came back from my lambo-dealer. They are telling me that every gallardo 04 and the older murcielago models have the same problem, they jump

in 1st gear. No matter how you accelerate or how exact you try to be with the gas pedal it will always jump, in curves and when you drive slow.

They claim all parameter have been reset and there is no problem with the clutch.

my question is, did anyone ever hear that this is a normal behaviour for a Gallardo 04 clutch?

sunny greetings from spain,

Chris

04 Gallardo took a little finesse when taking off, but the jumping can be dealt with by P.I.S and making sure that the T.O.B. is not sticking. Also with 04 car you have to have a steady foot. Many times I would find customers would move their foot on the accelerator peddle inadvertently as the car would start to jump or they that the car was going to jump. I would drive the car and it would not jump.

04 were picky and try not to correct the jumping with your foot. keep it steady and learn the sweet spot. IF you still have trouble then there is a problem with the car.

thanks for the update swif,

that problems also appears when i slow the car down when it switches back into the first gear then it jumps again for a second or two.

Does the issue with the accelerator peddle only appears when speeding up or also when slowing down?

all the best,

Chris

04 Gallardo took a little finesse when taking off, but the jumping can be dealt with by P.I.S and making sure that the T.O.B. is not sticking. Also with 04 car you have to have a steady foot. Many times I would find customers would move their foot on the accelerator peddle inadvertently as the car would start to jump or they that the car was going to jump. I would drive the car and it would not jump.

04 were picky and try not to correct the jumping with your foot. keep it steady and learn the sweet spot. IF you still have trouble then there is a problem with the car.

The jumping is due to the drive and how they give input to the car by way of the peddle.

When the car is downing shifting to first are you taking your foot of the peddle?

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the verdict on the 04 e-gear.

ONCE IT IS MOVING, the car should not buck (jump). The bucking on early cars like the 04 can be controlled. Make sure you come to a full stop, and do not roll through a stop. If you roll, it confuses the computer, and the car bucks. If you come to a full stop, and then go on the gas, no bucking.

Once the car is moving a few kph, there should be ZERO bucking. Zero bucking downshifting. If you upshift too soon, (ie. under 4K rpm, you can get a little buck because it labours the engine. These are hight RPM, low torque engines, so they need to be driven in the 3-4K rpm range. Anything else is NOT normal and needs to be fixed.

If you adjust the PIS point, it can mask other problems with the clutch or computer. It will also wear your clutch out faster. What this does is it moves the clutch plates together slower. Therefore more slippage between the disks. That causes smoother shifts and smoother starts, but wears your clutch faster.

In my experience, it also makes very little difference. What makes a huge difference is reflashing the computer (latest software) and setting up the proper clutch parameters and clutch gap via the lambo computer.

If your description is accurate, there is a problem with your clutch. It got the latest "F" clutch according to the paperwork, so it should be fine. But your paperwork and photo show nothing. Where is the printout from LARA or LDAS? Did they replace the throw-out bearing also? Do they have experience with the G? These cars are EXTREMELY finicky and difficult to set up if they go off their original specifications.

Let us know what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

The OP asked if anyone has a readout of the e-gear clutch from the LDAS or LARA Lambo computer.

I used to have the readounts from our old G, but they went with the car when we sold it. I do not have one anymore to show him.

Can someone please post up a sample of the e-gear cluth readout, the one that shows the clutch wear, and hundered other things on the multi-page document (he only needs the 1st page). So he can take that to his shop.

His mechanic is telling him there is no such thing, and that he can not give him a proper readout. Mechanic is lying.

Thanks guys.