SD Card Recovery

GBGallardo

So my SD card has my entire trip to California on it and won't read anymore. I've tried multiple card readers (my Nikon, GoPro, MBP, etc) and nothing will get this card to mount up. So aggravating.

Anybody that's had a good experience with one of these recovery companies in the past? or any suggestions? TIA.

So my SD card has my entire trip to California on it and won't read anymore. I've tried multiple card readers (my Nikon, GoPro, MBP, etc) and nothing will get this card to mount up. So aggravating.

Anybody that's had a good experience with one of these recovery companies in the past? or any suggestions? TIA.

Try loading it up on a linux box and instead of mounting it, use dd -- to do a bit by bit copy and then mount that image. That should be step one since the more you try to access it, the more damage you could do. Doing a bit by bit copy first, then you won't damage anything by working on the copy.

Should work well enough to extract most of your images off of it.

http://frankmash.blogspot.com/2005/10/dd-h...it-copy-of.html

we were in Alaska this summer and one day we were glacier iceberg kayaking in the rain. memory card became corrupted and no card readers would read the data.

i used this company to restore 75% of the photos. http://www.cardrecovery.com/

generally when traveling, i download all pics from my cards at the end of the day into a laptop but unfortunately i had a thousand photos on the card when it went bad.

moral of the story: remove pic files often or use small memory cards to FORCE you not to put ALL your eggs (pics) in one basket.

kind of like backing up your computer, how much can you afford to lose?