Silverstone Classic, 22-7-12

CRXLoon

I love the colour on that Roadster. It suits the Diablo "look at me" persona.

Pity that SV was converted to open lights. It looked much better with the pop-ups.

Pity that SV was converted to open lights. It looked much better with the pop-ups.

The SV looks like a 99 from what I can see of the dash. Don't think the lights were converted

I wanted a set of those SV wheels for mine but couldn't find that brushed look anywhere in the states

The SV looks like a 99 from what I can see of the dash. Don't think the lights were converted

I wanted a set of those SV wheels for mine but couldn't find that brushed look anywhere in the states

Yep, it's a 99. No conversion.

The SV looks the same as an early one that has appeared in a number of magazines and is/was for sale recently with very similar plates. That, combined with the missing carbon strips above the headlights made me think it was converted.

The SV looks the same as an early one that has appeared in a number of magazines and is/was for sale recently with very similar plates. That, combined with the missing carbon strips above the headlights made me think it was converted.

Good point. Just noticed that the "SV" logo is a 98 also. Maybe your right....should look like this on a 99

post-73833-1343215773.jpg

The owner posts on TeamSpeed. I could ask him if it was converted if you want :) He has a really nice collection of cars - F40, F50, 993 GT2.

There was a pop-up headlight SV in Kent for sale a few years ago; I went to look at it, (because of it's rarity & it being my personal favourite), & it had nearly 60K miles on it. It also had the earlier dash, (post-"helicopter"/pre-"6.0"), of the '98 SV. It appeared at an auction held at a UK motor racing circuit some time later, but was subsequently flagged as unsold.

The one in the photo has less miles, & the "6.0" dash.

Confusingly, both had leather-trimmed seats in very dark blue with alternating beige panels in the centre sections.

I believe the car in the pics is a genuine post-'98; I should imagine it's easy to change the badge on the rear & agree the swirly SV logo is "sexier". I think the chap in the black top in picture 2 is the owner; he opened the engine cover to let Sig. Balboni sign the car.

I understand it was a special order & that it's unique in being Rhd/Purple.

It was owned by the guy, (DiabloPete - Pistonheads?), who i believe is in the process of buying the ex-Singapore SE30 featured in another thread.

I understand it was a special order & that it's unique in being Rhd/Purple.

It was owned by the guy, (DiabloPete - Pistonheads?), who i believe is in the process of buying the ex-Singapore SE30 featured in another thread.

Yep that's me! I still own my roadster and that was me with the car at Silverstone. And yes re the SE, though there are some gaps that need filling in the history which I'm trying to sort.

Yep that's me! I still own my roadster and that was me with the car at Silverstone. And yes re the SE, though there are some gaps that need filling in the history which I'm trying to sort.

I thought you'd sold the Roadster as it had been on the Autofficina site for a while & I seem to remember seeing a video of you saying you were selling up, (for a Koenigsegg?).

Good luck with the SE30; nice to see a rhd car coming into the UK for a change!