Gallarrdo AC performance HELP

touchless

I purchused my 06 G in Feb. and I live in Florida. My AC compressor went bad after about 1000 miles, so I had them replace it and of cource the temp in Feb is cooler then Aug. but when they replaced it in the end of July, it did not cool worth a dahm. Returned with the car and asked if the could check the freon level. They said it was slightly low do to a small leak. Got it back and it's not cooling to where it is unconfortable to drive and the blower ocilates up and down. One second you have blowing air and the next you dont. I don't know if they are related, but the question is Does the AC in a 06 cool in 90 deg. temp to where you can cool down in the car? I have to open the windows and let the warm air out and after the thermal temp goes down it still does not cool the car down. No tint on any windows, but I would think it would cool enough to make it confotable. In the am it does OK and late evening after dark it does OK

I purchused my 06 G in Feb. and I live in Florida. My AC compressor went bad after about 1000 miles, so I had them replace it and of cource the temp in Feb is cooler then Aug. but when they replaced it in the end of July, it did not cool worth a dahm. Returned with the car and asked if the could check the freon level. They said it was slightly low do to a small leak. Got it back and it's not cooling to where it is unconfortable to drive and the blower ocilates up and down. One second you have blowing air and the next you dont. I don't know if they are related, but the question is Does the AC in a 06 cool in 90 deg. temp to where you can cool down in the car? I have to open the windows and let the warm air out and after the thermal temp goes down it still does not cool the car down. No tint on any windows, but I would think it would cool enough to make it confotable. In the am it does OK and late evening after dark it does OK

I have had my a/c services by the dealer and when they were speculating as to the problem, they said there is some kind of sensor in the front that often goes bad or needs to be re-set. That didn't turn out to be the issue for me, but maybe that's the culprit.

I had some similar behavior. Service record says "Caused by faulty AC compressor front seal". Resoultion was "Replace faulty Compressor, perform vacuum 30 min and recharge with correct level of freon, test drive repair done."

Good luck.

Sounds low...My 04 (and my 560) both have NO problem cooling off the car even when it's 100 deg and humid out.

I'd go as far as saying when I drive the car, and have the temp set at 70 deg on both sides, that I am freezing my nuts off. It's that good.

All my windows (and windshields) have been tinted on both cars, but I don't think it makes THAT much of a diff.

Try getting an ac recharge kit from Autozone...It comes with a gauge on it for like 40 bucks. 134a is the refrigerant used.

The AC system isn't too complicated. There is a compressor, a bunch of hoses, a drier, condensor and an evaporator. Any of the items can leak freon, causing the AC system to fail.

In most cases, you need to find the leak before recharging. Otherwise, you will end up recharging every few months. To detect what's leaking, a sniffer device works very effective. Then it's just changing out the faulty parts at that point.

When freon is low, the compressor will toggle between ON and OFF. This is usually a sign of leaking at the compressor seals but not always.

Your best course is taking it to an AC shop or dealer to find the leak and change out the faulty parts. A good AC shop can do it, you don't have to take it to a lambo dealer. A leak diagnosis will usually run $75 and take 30-60 mins.

I have had my a/c services by the dealer and when they were speculating as to the problem, they said there is some kind of sensor in the front that often goes bad or needs to be re-set. That didn't turn out to be the issue for me, but maybe that's the culprit.

ILL ASK THEM TO CHECKIT. THEY WERE PERPLEXED AND HAD TO CONTACT THE FACTORY?? Have not heard back. Does yours cool well. Mine will only go to 70Deg. Ill bet that it the switch you are talking about or they might not pulled a good vacume long enough. Thanks for your help

Sounds low...My 04 (and my 560) both have NO problem cooling off the car even when it's 100 deg and humid out.

I'd go as far as saying when I drive the car, and have the temp set at 70 deg on both sides, that I am freezing my nuts off. It's that good.

All my windows (and windshields) have been tinted on both cars, but I don't think it makes THAT much of a diff.

Try getting an ac recharge kit from Autozone...It comes with a gauge on it for like 40 bucks. 134a is the refrigerant used.

Good to know it will cool correctly, Thanks for the info Mike

The AC system isn't too complicated. There is a compressor, a bunch of hoses, a drier, condensor and an evaporator. Any of the items can leak freon, causing the AC system to fail.

In most cases, you need to find the leak before recharging. Otherwise, you will end up recharging every few months. To detect what's leaking, a sniffer device works very effective. Then it's just changing out the faulty parts at that point.

When freon is low, the compressor will toggle between ON and OFF. This is usually a sign of leaking at the compressor seals but not always.

Your best course is taking it to an AC shop or dealer to find the leak and change out the faulty parts. A good AC shop can do it, you don't have to take it to a lambo dealer. A leak diagnosis will usually run $75 and take 30-60 mins.

I put in a new compressor, dryer, orfice tube and my old comp. was leaking at the shaft seal. Im thinking that they might not have pulled a good vacume. It's a new system basicaly. and the air flow thing might be something else.It 's air flow osillates up and down on both sides all the time??? THANKS for the advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, turned out to be the AC controll head. For an 06 stock G with 18000 miles, I had to replace the compressor, control head and small parts like orfice tube, dryer. $5000 later its cool air again. Oh yeah my main rear oil seal is leaking. Guess ill get that replaced at clutch time.Hmmmmmm should have moved to the great white north. LOL Still love the car.