HID Headlight Out-Questions

Boardwalk

Right side is out after taking a large hit on the road. With nose lift up without taking off the wheel I took off the access panel and I can easily get to the connector and take it off the bulb but I can't get the bulb out from the housing around the boot. Want to switch the bulbs to see if it the bulb or ballast. Is it a bayonnet, quarter twist or what? Didn't want to force it until I know how it mounts. Is it just stuck from years of time in there? Actually I should check the fuse first now that I'm thinking. Is that one located behind the driver's seat? Thanks anyone everone. If it is the ballast do you have to go stock?

Right side is out after taking a large hit on the road. With nose lift up without taking off the wheel I took off the access panel and I can easily get to the connector and take it off the bulb but I can't get the bulb out from the housing around the boot. Want to switch the bulbs to see if it the bulb or ballast. Is it a bayonnet, quarter twist or what? Didn't want to force it until I know how it mounts. Is it just stuck from years of time in there? Actually I should check the fuse first now that I'm thinking. Is that one located behind the driver's seat? Thanks anyone everone. If it is the ballast do you have to go stock?

The fuse for lights one for each side is in the fuse box left edge of dash. Remove the cover on outside left edge of dash.

The bulb is a twist and remove if I recall.

• 1 month later...
The fuse for lights one for each side is in the fuse box left edge of dash. Remove the cover on outside left edge of dash.

The bulb is a twist and remove if I recall.

Thanks Jeff.

Not the bulb, not the fuse so I bought a used Hella ballast/ignitor replacement. It didn't work either so I put the old one back in to send back to eBay supplier and voila I have light with the old Hella in place. Maybe it was a grounding issue or...? I'm just happy I have light and will keep the used Hella I bought on eBay for a reasonable $41 just in case a future need arises.