Valve disconnect, sudden engine stop, CEL light

j09333

When I disconnected valve line, my car suffered

1. sudden engine stop at least once a drive.

2. CEL light comes on after X kms of driving without stoping.

3. air pump failure.

1 is related to minimum rpm car holds at certain speed.

2 is related with recent software update they done. CEL is about 'warning that valve is stuck open for a long period'.

3 is mechanical failure.

Since then, I discussed options of trading my faulty car with new one without extra charge.

And Lamborghini sent new software for my car(dont know about othercars) about raising RPM minimum.

Result was, somehow car no longer suffers enging stop with valve connected and also disconnected.

Topjay's new problem is new to me but I know several cases of enging stop due to low RPM.

I am still suspicious about my car and will test under various conditions and report back.

Best of luck to you guys.

When I disconnected valve line, my car suffered

1. sudden engine stop at least once a drive.

2. CEL light comes on after X kms of driving without stoping.

3. air pump failure.

1 is related to minimum rpm car holds at certain speed.

2 is related with recent software update they done. CEL is about 'warning that valve is stuck open for a long period'.

3 is mechanical failure.

Since then, I discussed options of trading my faulty car with new one without extra charge.

And Lamborghini sent new software for my car(dont know about othercars) about raising RPM minimum.

Result was, somehow car no longer suffers enging stop with valve connected and also disconnected.

Topjay's new problem is new to me but I know several cases of enging stop due to low RPM.

I am still suspicious about my car and will test under various conditions and report back.

Best of luck to you guys.

my valves were disconnected since day 1 before i even collected the car brand new. at the moment ive got about 1000km on it and have had no problems with the car stalling or CEL.

I disconnected my since I had 300 miles or so in the odometer and now I have 1400 miles on it and no problems at all so far.

As for engine stop, I suspected valve disconnection has something to do with it for it will drop the back pressure thus more likely stop the engine suddenly.

However this happened for me with valve connected as well.

So my conclusion was this stalling engine has little to do with valve.

As for CEL, it will triger CEL if you drive long distance like 200kms without stoping the engine if your car has updated software.

This error code is new since update, and when asked about it, Lambo answered as I above mentioned.

Anyway, car is functioning well and valve is disconnected as usual.

Can not live with normal exhaust sound.

Disconnected mine since 200miles and its at 3300miles now. None whatsoever you mention. CEL comes on sometimes but it goes away on next cold start. Never stays on for me ever before.

• 3 weeks later...
get a valved exhaust. my gallardo hated when i disconnected the valves and have me problems so i bought a new exhaust and it fixed it

Something to consider, on the Aventador only the very, very early cars have pressure monitor, they changed the design for the later ones and removed it, there is no problem on the later cars pulling the vacuum but possibly one on the early ones if you have one.

They have been constantly changing bits on the car, next years car is not the same as this years one, its got a lot of new bits.

get a valved exhaust. my gallardo hated when i disconnected the valves and have me problems so i bought a new exhaust and it fixed it

I have been emailing with Kreissieg. It will be ready soon. That is my plan.