Cross Drilled Rotors: Cleaning and Care?

BatmanDSM

Fellow LamboPower.com, Technical Advisers...

Just reaching out to see if you all clean out the cross drilled holes in your ROTORS? Mine weren't too bad on the front plate.

But the Back Plate every HOLE was full of debris. Is this Normal?

How often should you clean them out?

Cleaned tonight... Picture shows the extracted content. I think I am going to Grind them (Lightly just to knock the slight ridges off) for the season and spray the edges with RED Ceramic Header Paint... I do it on my Corvette every two years but they are stock brakes. It makes them look Fantastic and Clean up well... Just a hint of TLC to show through the wheels...

What say YOU?

DriversSideReDrillCaliper.JPG

PassengerSideReDrillCaliper.JPG

Just clean w water

Thanks for the tip...

Do you take your wheels off and clean with water?

Or jack it up, so you can even get under it and wash it every car wash?

It took a drill bit to get the stuff out of mine... The back HOLES are the only ones I could not even get a tooth pick through?

That is the way I am doing mine...

I am not on Jack Stands, but Cement Blocks Wrapped with Towels...

"Redneck Style" I guess, l don't want the thing to knock the Stands over at this point with Both wheels off the Ground. Using two Identical, Low-Profile Jacks so the front end is up in the air at equal height. The Gallardo, you lift one side both wheels come off the ground... Never expected that! My first time experimenting with Jacking and detailing my first G. Did not know they were so ridged! Went back to Harbor Freight and got another Low-Profile 2 Ton to make sure they work correctly in harmony.

BatmanDSM, IOWA