Car runs like crap-94vt

rollingzep

First the good-

So finally got around to installing a couple lifts in garage and tackled a few jobs on my 94VT. Or should I say VT-less. Took out front differential, half shafts, drive shaft and converted it to RWD. Completely different car. Car is lighter up front, clutch is softer pedal, no more shoveling when trying to make a u-turn. Definitely feels faster. Car took on different characteristics. The only problem since change is surges a bit when coasting at low rpms. Not a problem just a bit annoying at times. Also put on the Hercules wheels from Murci looks absolutely wonderful

Now the bad-

Decided to change a few sensors(water temperature and air temperature sensors). So when I changed the coolant temp sensor antifreeze spilled out and fell over the motor. Being a bit anal about that smart me decided to hose down the area. Started car and idled fine. As soon as I started to drive the car ran like crap. Backfiring no power nothing. Could not get revs up at all. Figured I got cap and rotor wet. SO I limp home and take off cap and rotor and I found oil everywhere in there. Not soaked but oil. Car ran good before. First cant figure out how oil got in there second oil was in there and car ran fine. What the hell is going on here? Will take photos tomorrow

First the good-

So finally got around to installing a couple lifts in garage and tackled a few jobs on my 94VT. Or should I say VT-less. Took out front differential, half shafts, drive shaft and converted it to RWD. Completely different car. Car is lighter up front, clutch is softer pedal, no more shoveling when trying to make a u-turn. Definitely feels faster. Car took on different characteristics. The only problem since change is surges a bit when coasting at low rpms. Not a problem just a bit annoying at times. Also put on the Hercules wheels from Murci looks absolutely wonderful

Now the bad-

Decided to change a few sensors(water temperature and air temperature sensors). So when I changed the coolant temp sensor antifreeze spilled out and fell over the motor. Being a bit anal about that smart me decided to hose down the area. Started car and idled fine. As soon as I started to drive the car ran like crap. Backfiring no power nothing. Could not get revs up at all. Figured I got cap and rotor wet. SO I limp home and take off cap and rotor and I found oil everywhere in there. Not soaked but oil. Car ran good before. First cant figure out how oil got in there second oil was in there and car ran fine. What the hell is going on here? Will take photos tomorrow

I recall this happening to a countach I had, guy I had round to detail the engine bay accidentally got plugs, cap etc wet, so when I started the car it spluttered, backfired and very low revs. So what I did was leave the car to idle for a good 30mins, this seemed to have dried out any moisture that was in those areas, and the car ran 100% after that.

Other options I would give would be to clean everything out, did you get any of the plugs wet?

Did you by any chance document/photograph any of your driveshaft work? Would be nice to see.