Checking Fuel pressure on 6.0

jheyden

How can I go about checking the fuel pressure on my 6.0. I`d like to make sure that the fuel pump, pressure regulator, rail and fuel filter are operating correctly. I saw some fuel pressure testers but not sure where to connect the device...some cars seem to have a connection for them on the rail but cannot see one on my 6.0

Thanks

How can I go about checking the fuel pressure on my 6.0. I`d like to make sure that the fuel pump, pressure regulator, rail and fuel filter are operating correctly. I saw some fuel pressure testers but not sure where to connect the device...some cars seem to have a connection for them on the rail but cannot see one on my 6.0

Thanks

Even at the dealer level we must make our fittings to go inline with the fuel rail to check fuel pressures.

If you find a good shop that makes hoses they can normal make something for you.

Even at the dealer level we must make our fittings to go inline with the fuel rail to check fuel pressures.

If you find a good shop that makes hoses they can normal make something for you.

Good to know it's tough even for dealers. It took me forever to find the right fittings, and I'm still not satisfied with it. Major oversight in not providing them when built. And even on a 6.0?

The fuel line that connects to the fuel rail. It's against the firewall, that's where you disconnect.

This is correct I do not take the fuel line loose at the fuel pressure regulator as the threads to the regulator can break off sometimes then you must replace the fuel rail. It only comes as a unit. You can not buy injectors or the regulator separately.

You must have a T fitting made that goes to fuel rail then the fuel feed line goes to it and the fuel pressure Gage goes to the T.

Don't think fuel pressure is the issue most likely would affect the hole bank.