vibration throughout the car between 1-2k rpms? Help!

sonict

Getting vibration throughout the car between when 1-2k rpms. The vibration occurs when in neutral if that helps at all. Just bought the car - 08 spyder w/12k miles with egear. Indie mechanic claims it could be the motor mounts.

Any thoughts?

What happens under load?. Was the clutch recently replaced?. I have not heard of motor mounts going bad on the Gallardos.

Appreciate the input. The vibration seems to go away around 3k rpms under load, i'd say its worst around 2500 rpms. The clutch "apparently" has around 50pct clutch life according to an indie mechanic. A friend mentioned it could possibly be the pulleys?

Any other thoughts?

What happens under load?. Was the clutch recently replaced?. I have not heard of motor mounts going bad on the Gallardos.

Appreciate the input. The vibration seems to go away around 3k rpms under load, i'd say its worst around 2500 rpms. The clutch "apparently" has around 50pct clutch life according to an indie mechanic. A friend mentioned it could possibly be the pulleys?

Any other thoughts?

Motor mounts don't go bad on early Gallardo's. There are only 2 pulleys plus a tensioner pulley don't think that's it. If its a light vibration all Gallardo's have it at low RPM as the motor mounts are so close to solid mounts.

If the clutch was replaced and not indexed right this can cause a vibration but I feel it more on decel. The starter can be removed then rotate engine by hand to check alignment marks on flywheel and pressure plate. If there is any more vibration then what is normal this is where I would look. It sounds to me like you are feeling the normal low RPM vibration that all 08 and down Gallardo's have in that RPM range. Could be wrong as I can not feel it to say it the normal vibration.

Hey I had the same issue when i first got my G... apparently the shake normal!!!

I believe TurboMike pointed me to a thread talking about it. Cant find it now tho.

Mine goes through a shudder as opposed to a vibration if revved in neutral. Tough to explain but it had it since day one. I do not have any shudder/vibration issue when driving though.

Do you get the same result with aircon on and off?.