Newbie with 560-2 question - Which motor bolts for oil?

RWD4EVR

Doing my first oil change and had bonehead newbie question as to which bolts are for oil drainage. Have circled the ones i see on my 2013 560-2 motor: Two Standard bolts with crush washer at front and right side of motor and a biscuit bolt at bottom.

Cheers and thanks

edit2.jpg

Just found out the newer Audi/Lambo V10 DFI motors are different than the older ones. Does anyone here know what year they changed the bottom of the motor? Here is a schematic for the most recent Audi R8 V10 motor which shows multiple drain plug bolts that need dropping vs the two of the older motor.

R8_V10_Drain_Plugs.jpg

Just found out the newer Audi/Lambo V10 DFI motors are different than the older ones. Does anyone here know what year they changed the bottom of the motor? Here is a schematic for the most recent Audi R8 V10 motor which shows multiple drain plug bolts that need dropping vs the two of the older motor.

09 and up are the same a your pic..

• 4 weeks later...
1088703[/url]']

09 and up are the same a your pic..

Jeff, do you know or anyone else know if the 2012 560-4 has similar setup? I believe there is only 1 drain point on the motor, plus another in the oil tank. Plus the biscuit. Not 2 bolts as shown on the first photo in this thread. Or did I miss a bolt?

i.e. I would be a bit surprised the 2012 550 and 560 would have different oiling, but I am not intimately familiar with the engine layout difference.

Last, Do you know if the biscuit has a crush washer that should be replaced? I haven't opened that one up yet.

Jeff, do you know or anyone else know if the 2012 560-4 has similar setup? I believe there is only 1 drain point on the motor, plus another in the oil tank. Plus the biscuit. Not 2 bolts as shown on the first photo in this thread. Or did I miss a bolt?

i.e. I would be a bit surprised the 2012 550 and 560 would have different oiling, but I am not intimately familiar with the engine layout difference.

Last, Do you know if the biscuit has a crush washer that should be replaced? I haven't opened that one up yet.

All 09 and up cars are the same.

When I change oil I drain the tank, a 30 torqs in the timming cover, a 5mm by the oil pump and the 13mm hex in the front.

If you forgot one wont make that big of a difference.

• 4 weeks later...
Doing my first oil change and had bonehead newbie question as to which bolts are for oil drainage. Have circled the ones i see on my 2013 560-2 motor: Two Standard bolts with crush washer at front and right side of motor and a biscuit bolt at bottom.

Cheers and thanks

DO NOT take the bolt that you have circled on the right...That is coolant.

The one that faces front is ok...That's oil. The center biscuit is OK, that's oil (yes, Buff, I believe it has a crushwasher).

FYI - You are supposed to get the oil HOT before changing on the 560 to try and get the oil cooler thermostat to open and get all/some of the oil out of the cooler.

FYI2 - I've never been successful in getting more than about 7-7.5 qts out of the 560, and about 6.5 of that comes out of the dry sump tank.

PS - Jeff, where is the drain on the timing cover? Never knew about that one...

Its a 30 torq right in the mid bottom of timing cover next to bell housing.

Hi Jeff!

I take it that is NOT the same one as in the first photo in this thread, since that does not look like a bell housing to me. Or is it ? (I get confused by Alien technology on these imports)

So is there actually 4 drain points on the LP560/550 as follows?

1. Oil tank (tank at back of car).

2. Oil pan/sump at bottom of engine. Front bolt shown in first pic in thread.

3. Biscuit shown in first pic in thread.

4. Biscuit that Jeff mentions in mid bottom of timing cover next to bell housing. Do all MY of the 560 have that one, since neither I nor Turbo50Mike are aware of it?

Or are #3 and #4 above the same thing?

If there are indeed 4 drain points, does anyone have a distant photo of exactly where that one is when the car is on the hoist?

PS Good catch Mike about the sideboard coolant plug. Not a good one to remove when the engine is HOT~!