TPS SENSOR THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR CODE 12

Sudesh

So I think I have a code 12, the dash light flashes 12 times but there is a split second delay when it counts to 7 then continues quickly again for 5 more blinks. Im sure if it was 2 separate codes then the delay would be much longer, anyone any advise?

th_VID_20140318_171928_zps95d225f7.jpg

Anyway if it is a code 12, then its the TPS sensor. I followed the info on Lamboweb about checking and adjusting the sensor here: http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Di...tion_Sensor.htm

It mentions the OHMS should be around 600 - 700 but Im only seeing around 544 at the most

So here I measure the resistance by placing the meter on the pins and with a screwdriver I turn the wheel all the way till it stops

Lowest is 25, highest 528

SAM_0647_zpsaa555b0f.jpg

SAM_0648_zps19287cdc.jpg

Then measuring the opposite direction I get

SAM_0649_zpsc101286d.jpg

SAM_0650_zps1f215c20.jpg

I have no idea if this is right or something is wrong, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply, I've set mine to the same as yours, so hopefully the check light will not return, just did an ECU rest to clear the code too.

Thanks for the reply, I've set mine to the same as yours, so hopefully the check light will not return, just did an ECU rest to clear the code too.

I'm not sure that my TPS is flawless, there is much up to 600-700 ohms so maybe there is error in my TPS.

I will check the codes from the dash later today.

I'm not sure that my TPS is flawless, there is much up to 600-700 ohms so maybe there is error in my TPS.

I will check the codes from the dash later today.

The system tells Error Code 1 "Lambda sensor inactive" it is the only error.

The system tells Error Code 1 "Lambda sensor inactive" it is the only error.

I was getting code 12 for the TPS, when I read the setting it was around 34ohm. I then looked at Lamboweb about the settings and they mentioned 4ohm at close, but also mentioned on early cars it was reported that close was 90ohm. I then spoke to another owner over here, their setting was 50ohm lol. So I'm at a loss as to what the EXACT OHM it should be. Didn't see anything in my workshop manual, but it's not great anyway.

I've set mine around 60ohm, and as soon as I get a good day, I'll take it for a drive and hopefully the fault doesn't re-appear.