Knocking noise heard from in cabin while driving

Synergy

Was out an about today and all the sudden I heard a random "clunk" when making parking lot maneuvers. Since that, there's been a slight knocking noise heard when I let off the gas at lower speeds. The knocking can be heard from inside the car and sounds like it's coming from underneath where the e-brake sits. Not noticed when driving, only at slow speeds and going on and off the gas. Can anybody help???

NOTE: The car was in for the power steering recall last month (2004 Gallardo). Can this be related? Loose bolts? Hmm...

Sounds like a loose hydraulic line or one of the panels below them. Could be related to the recall.

I once had a similar sound but it was a full soda can under the passenger seat rolling around. Drove me nuts.

Was out an about today and all the sudden I heard a random "clunk" when making parking lot maneuvers. Since that, there's been a slight knocking noise heard when I let off the gas at lower speeds. The knocking can be heard from inside the car and sounds like it's coming from underneath where the e-brake sits. Not noticed when driving, only at slow speeds and going on and off the gas. Can anybody help???

NOTE: The car was in for the power steering recall last month (2004 Gallardo). Can this be related? Loose bolts? Hmm...

had this happen in my older G. It was the viscous coupler but it would happen at random times and at different speeds and there was no rhyme or reason when and why it would happen. Only that when I put 20" wheels on it thats when it started and when I went back to 19" wheels problem went away. The VC connects the to the front drivetrain right under where you are talking about. Have it checked.

• 3 months later...

When you hear the noise are you driving over bumps in the road? Doe you hear the noise every time you pull in and out of a drive way? I ask as 04-05 G and a few 06's had a campaign on the control arm clicking. Usually started out on the from and made its way to the rear control arms.

The next thing it could be is your car still base the plastic sway arm bushings. These were upgraded to rubber.

You also can have a loose hydraulic line that feeds the ps rack. This line runs down the center of the car. Do you hear the noise coming from the dash area on center of the car? I ask again as sound in these cars travel a lot.

I had a G making noise only when cold. After monitoring the car on cold start test drives with chase ears, I found that the oil feed line to the oil pump was touching the engine mount bracket. The sound at first sounded like it was coming from the front of the car.