Shifter box removal

Jag_lars

What is the approach to remove the shifter box on a Diablo?

Looks like the bracket that bolts to the transmission need to come down as well?

I can't remember for sure but the trans brace (entire brace off the transmission) will be the easiest. There are 10mm nuts that hold the brace to the trans. 4 13mm bolts that hold the brace to the tunnel. And 4 13mm bolts that hold the shifter housing to the brace. Be sure to remember how many shims are on the brace to tunnel area so you can put them back the same way and keep the shifter alignment right. Depending what you need to do with the shifter, I think the housing is held together by Allen head screws. I had to replace the shift rod once...

Hope that helps.

One more edit....there is a large 22mm bolt and nut that you need to remove that connects the brace to the end of the trans.

I can't remember for sure but the trans brace (entire brace off the transmission) will be the easiest. There are 10mm nuts that hold the brace to the trans. 4 13mm bolts that hold the brace to the tunnel. And 4 13mm bolts that hold the shifter housing to the brace. Be sure to remember how many shims are on the brace to tunnel area so you can put them back the same way and keep the shifter alignment right. Depending what you need to do with the shifter, I think the housing is held together by Allen head screws. I had to replace the shift rod once...

Hope that helps.

One more edit....there is a large 22mm bolt and nut that you need to remove that connects the brace to the end of the trans.

Thanks, thats great.

I need ti have a look at the 3 bushings in the shifter box. The shifter have become more" loose"in the gates than the normalt tight feel of the shifter.

The Allen head screws that hold the housing together can be pretty snug. I believe I stripped one of the heads when I tried to get mine out and finally had to drill it. So maybe a little PB blaster or something similar before hand if you have time.

The Allen head screws that hold the housing together can be pretty snug. I believe I stripped one of the heads when I tried to get mine out and finally had to drill it. So maybe a little PB blaster or something similar before hand if you have time.

Will do!