running aftermarket clutch on egear 08 gallardo?

sonict

Hey guys. My car is due for a clutch and have been considering an aftermarket/kevlar version. It seems these heavy duty clutches work well on manual, but have read a number of reports that egear cars have issue with smooth engagement or require frequent PIS adjustments.

Whats the final word on these? There are lots of positive reviews, but most local exotic car shops just recommend the factory stuff. I do tons of city driving, so I'd love to get more life out of a clutch. Just hate to buy one and have to frequently visit my tuner to adjust the clutch settings.

Any thoughts?

Hey guys. My car is due for a clutch and have been considering an aftermarket/kevlar version. It seems these heavy duty clutches work well on manual, but have read a number of reports that egear cars have issue with smooth engagement or require frequent PIS adjustments.

Whats the final word on these? There are lots of positive reviews, but most local exotic car shops just recommend the factory stuff. I do tons of city driving, so I'd love to get more life out of a clutch. Just hate to buy one and have to frequently visit my tuner to adjust the clutch settings.

Any thoughts?

You're right... Not all Kevlar clutches work well with E-gear. A good Kevlar clutch is smoother than a stock clutch. I have a 2004 Gallardo with E-gear.I have Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch in mine. You know that 04 Gallardo E-gear is notorious for bucking and not being smooth with a stock clutch. When I installed Hi Tech Exotic, it was smoother than my stock. I would say 90% of the bucking went away. Hi Tech uses high quality Kevlar, not the cheap stuff.

Also their Kevlar clutch lasts a lot longer than stock. My stock clutch lasted only 8k mi. I got over 30k mi on my Hi Tech and I still have 50% left.