Exhaust Break In

dj700

Just thought I'd post a few observations on my Kreissieg exhaust after having it a few months.

I had it installed at just under 1k miles. To be honest I thought it sounded good but I was pretty underwhelmed to say the least. I kept comparing it to that youtube clip of the white aventador doing the drive and thought mine didn't sound anything like it, but figured maybe it was different from inside the car vs outside. Fast forward 900 miles and the difference from when I first installed it is night and day. I really did start to notice a big difference right around 1500 miles. Now it has that high pitched wail at the higher rpms that I loved on that clip. I find myself holding it in gear longer just to listen to that sound. There aren't many tunnels near where I live but when going under an overpass the echo sounds incredible.

I came pretty close to selling the car while it was 'breaking in' but I'm glad I held onto it.

Another interesting thing, I sat in the passenger compartment for the first time the other day while my friend was driving it and I noticed the sound was very different from the passenger compartment. It was downright uncomfortable in my right ear. It was almost deafening but not in a good way (maybe its similar to what one of the other kreissieg owners had posted about their experience with it). It made me wonder if you could use some appropriately placed sound absorbing/reflecting materials to 'tune' the sound at all? For example it sounds very different with the back window up/down and the roof on/off, so I wonder if an audio installer would be able to do something to improve those areas like the right passenger compartment in my car?

interesting. I didnt know exhausts had breakin periods. I will say that the Aventador sounds vastly different from inside the cabin (even on the roadster with the top off) than it does from outside.

I didnt know exhausts had breakin periods.

Akrapovic exhaust on my F10 M5 got louder after 500 miles. Right after install it was barely noticeable than stock now its much louder.