How would you update Huracan  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Engine

• Twin turbo current V10
    • Supercharge current V10
    • Bigger displacement NA V10 w/ cylinder deactivation
    • Electric motor augmented hybrid
    • other options

If you were head of Lambo product development and your goal was to match the HP of the competition, how would you update the Huracan engine? This assumes the next iteration of the Huracan, a mid life update, so the chassis is mostly retained and funds are not unlimited. How would you do it efficiently (funding and time wise).

It's kind of early for a mid-life update, no ?

However, the competitions' power undeniably demonstrates a need to step up and throw down the Lamborghini gauntlet.

It would be a shame if the new Sport Series (baby) McLaren winds up on an equal footing with the Huracan.

:nhl_fight:

You are absolutely correct that it is early. We havent even seen the Huracan spyder, superleggera and special editions which are next in line for the Huracan evolution. But power wise, Lamborghini is mostly tied to a mild increase even for the superleggera version based on previous releases. This poll is just a hypothetical question to elicit what enthusiasts think would be possible for the mid life update. If the competition affects orders enough, then a significant power bump is most likely to occur in the mid life update, just as Ferrari has decided to introduce turbo charging for the 488 which is still based on 458 chassis.

I don't think Lambo has to do anything, if it ain't broke.... I am sure they will just go about they usual business, Spyder, SL and a bunch of LE models all with tiny bumps in HP.

The HP game is pointless, look at the 991 GT3RS "only" 500 HP over 3 sec 0 - 100 km/h and I'd have one over the 458/488/650S/675LT, I comes down to your preference.

I just put about 400 miles on the Huracan in the last two days, to me the car is exactly what I want in a sports car, it's flawless, I am absolutely loving it, the thing is, I don't go out racing McLarens and Ferraris I go out to enjoy myself and the car serves me extremely well, I've been driving it nonstop and I even washed it twice, myself :shock: :icon_mrgreen:

I hope Lambo will leave the engine alone and not go the TT route, the car is very fast as it is, there is no point in making it faster, there is nowhere I can drive any faster without risking jail time, what I would like to see is a properly light Superleggera with lots of carbon fibre options, nice carbon bucket seats, lightweight wheels, exhaust, etc.

Just my thoughts:

Twin turbo of current V10 will make the car too powerful, it will too easily reach 700hp. That is good for consumers, but Lamborghini will have a problem of how to top it next when the Huracan replacement after the update finally gets a low displacement possibly V8 twin turbo. In other words the update might be more powerful or at least easily modable to eclipse the next generation car.

Larger V10 with cylinder deactivation or other fuel saving measure is perhaps the purest upgrade, but gaining 50 plus horsepower to equal or get near the competition may be difficult unless there is still so much untapped power in the current V10 design.

Adding an electric motor is difficult as there is no hybrid mid engine Audi/VW/Porsche in production yet except for the limited production 918. Also going hybrid for the mid life upgrade might not be consistent if your next generation car will not be a hybrid.

So my choice is to add a supercharger to current engine. It will be a stop gap to give the mid life car competitive power but not so much that so the next generation car can be even more powerful even if displacement is reduced (twin turbo though).